• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Training frequency and splits for maximum results

• Thread starter Mastheticmasterpeice
  • Start date
Mastheticmasterpeice

Mastheticmasterpeice

Banned
Mike mentzer philosophies vs general lifting splits and training frequency
Lets talk about training frequency ... I generally train 5 to 6 days a week 2 to sometimes 3 1/2 hrs per day .. However eat train sleep is pretty much my life .. Not that I get much sleep (diet and tren lmao ) .. I am still getting good results without mgf igf or hgh .. I did find my recovery time increased significantly on Theese however .. How often do you train and whats your favorite split .. Does anyone alternate upper lower upper lower and isolate quads and hams on seperate days ?? ..

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are one lucky guy who can spend 3 hours each day for workout. However, I think you are overdoing your workout with that daily regime. The usual recommendation is every other day of workout to give the muscles time to recuperate from the stress in the workout. But if you are doing that for a long time then I guess your body has already adapted to that schedule.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can train for a maximum 1 hour and 30 minutes. It's never going to exceed that time frame, but rather I would train below the hour mark. It's actually a good thing to train for more hours but when training, it's good to listen to one's body and know when it's telling you to stop because once you over put pressure on your body, the next thing to follow up are injuries.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say your training frequency, should be more like 2 to 3 times a week to make gains, and workout volume performed per major muscle group a week, should be 30 to 60 reps. Also older people need more time for their muscles to recover than younger people do.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You just got to have to take cues from how your body responds to the workout drills they are being subjected to and for you to know the appropriate time out for rest that should be made available for you to recover. Remember, when you have pushed your body too far without adequate rest and care, you are definitely going to get injured no matter how strong you are.