Register

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Your gastronomic tips before exercise?

Most people make the mistake me smacking no the wrong foods before embarking on an exercise program. Emphasis should be on low glycaemic index foods like sweet potatoes. Salmon is also good for the joints and has small bioactive molecules which improve health. What are your worthy food tips before exercise?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Your gastronomic tips before exercise?

I usually train after not eating for 12 hrs.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I don't have a specific food to eat or to avoid when I do my workout. The only rule of thumb for me is not to exercise when hungry or when the tummy is full. In other words, your food should have been partially digested by the time you do your workout.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by remnant View Post
    Most people make the mistake me smacking no the wrong foods before embarking on an exercise program. Emphasis should be on low glycaemic index foods like sweet potatoes. Salmon is also good for the joints and has small bioactive molecules which improve health. What are your worthy food tips before exercise?
    It really depends on what kind of exercise, your going to do. If your going to do some Cycling it's best if you eat about 2 hours before and you must eat energy boosting food like bananas, apples, potassium and protein rich foods like nuts but it's not advisable to eat meats because it wont help you in your activity, because it takes a long time to breakdown. If your going for a daily workout in the gym, you need lots of energy, protein to continuously help in your workout so better eat a lot of eggs and meats specifically beef and drink a lot of milk.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation jp1234's Avatar
    Height
    6'1/2"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

It really all depends on where I'm at with my Diet.

When I was younger, it was some Rolled Oats and 5 Whole Eggs before working out.
    The Oats would give me the Energy to push through a hard workout, while the Eggs kept my Muscles Fed.
    But this was when I was a Powerlifter and regularly did 1 1/2 to 2 hour workouts.

Now that I'm older, I don't Carb-up before a workout.
    I go the other way and use Fats as my Energy Source.
    So a couple Tablespoons of MCT-Oil before my workout, will give me ample energy to power through any workout.
    Now that I've switched over to more of a Bodybuilding Type of Routine, I don't go beyond 45 or 50 Minutes...................... JP

collapse Posting Permissions