• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Caffeine

R

remnant

Banned
Most people are not aware of the fact that caffeine is a good endurance supplement and good to boost energy before a lengthy workout in the morning. Though its regarded as a diuretic by increasing production of urine, its not implicated in electrolyte imbalance. It has the added advantage of boosting fat oxidation which is good for weight management.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Most people are not aware of the fact that caffeine is a good endurance supplement and good to boost energy before a lengthy workout in the morning. Though its regarded as a diuretic by increasing production of urine, its not implicated in electrolyte imbalance. It has the added advantage of boosting fat oxidation which is good for weight management.
Thanks for the thread I'm a caffine fan ,and I always knew it was a diuretic but did not know that it did not affect electrolyte balance .now I don't feel so bad about my caffine addiction

Natasha0717

Natasha0717

Me too, that's exactly how I feel. And I've noticed if I drink more than one diet coke, I do feel extra energy from the caffeine alone. My heart beats a little faster, everything I do seems a little faster, even my breathing. With all that, you've gotta think that fat <may> be getting burned faster as well. Possibly. Just stuff I think about. There are probably so may ways that naturally-slim people operate that others don't even know about.
Thanks for the thread I'm a caffine fan ,and I always knew it was a diuretic but did not know that it did not affect electrolyte balance .now I don't feel so bad about my caffine addiction

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I've been drinking coffee everyday for breakfast and I don't drink decaf or any fake coffee substitute, I only drink brewed or instant and I want it strong with sugar and a bit of cream. I've been taking my coffee every breakfast for 20 years and I can tell you that it really wakes me up and energizes me. Caffeine is really a good inexpensive and safe way for the body to get a power boost. Drinking caffeinated sodas is also good if one ever needs extra energy.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I drink black coffee but no soda. Soda is terrible! It's full of concentrated corn syrup and chemicals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pardon me for this comment. I am not a coffee drinker but I know there is a benefit from drinking coffee particularly the alertness. There are some people who cannot wake up, so to speak, without first drinking coffee. My grandparents say that coffee gives them a good morning which means the breakfast table should always be ready with coffee. The reason why I don't drink coffee is to avoid the acidity that it gives the stomach. Coffee can stimulate gastritis which ails me.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, high amounts of caffeine in black coffee will increase your metabolism, which makes you burn more calories throughout the day. Caffeine is also a appetite suppressant, and it increases athletic performance as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, I'm addicted to drinking coffee. So, I get most of the caffeine in my system from it and it helps me a lot.

There was a time when I was worried about having too much caffeine in my system but I was assured it's healthy too.

J

jpk0007

Well, i also am very used to drinking coffee right from my school days. In fact my whole family is a big fan of drinking coffee. I usually prefer to drink coffee at night time. However, i also drink black coffe just before starting my workout. I think that drinking Black coffee before a workout does give the extra kick while doing the workout. I have also come across a few articles which suggest that drinking Black coffee before a workout helps in cutting fat while exercising.

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
Its good to know the benefits of caffeine in body building. I am not really a coffee lover. I drink coffee when I am only invited. I don't drink coffee everyday. But my brother who is addicted to coffee does drink it 10 times a day. Sometimes I see him vomit his coffee because of too much drinking of it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

pamz21

i changed my style in taking caffeine from soda to brewed coffee, because i watched a video in which this person did a test of drinking a can of coke per day for 30 days and you can actually see the he gained weight, well probably he didn't do much exercise to lessen the fats he gain.

L

lokielovesbunny

I think excessive amount of anything can lead to adverse effect on health, as far as caffeine is concerned, it never served the healthy to benefits to it, but every coin has two sides there are some situation in which you can take the help of caffeine, such driving at night where sleeping is the issue with one, or working whole night long, it will awake you up with little energy so could perform your task on the given time.

A

Athanas

Very informative. I know that caffeine is a stimulant and can increase metabolism. This makes the body active for physical activities.