• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Copper in the diet

R

remnant

Banned
Copper is an oft neglected mineral when it comes to bodybuilding. It has so many functions notably being a component of ATP which is involved in energy production and you understand its importance during exercise. Most people do not take the recommended daily uptake in such foods as meat and vegetables necessitating supplementation.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't know that copper is an element that helps us build muscles. And if we can get copper from meat then it's probably included in the protein supply that we get from beef and other meat. I know that meat is an essential food when you are building muscles because of the protein content. Now we know that meat also has copper that probably helps the proteins.

JiLLian

JiLLian

Some of the good sources of copper are oyster and other shellfish, whole grains, beans, nuts, potatoes, and organ meats like kidney and liver. Copper is a trace mineral that means it is needed in a very small quantity. Its primary role is to help form hemoglobin and collagen in the body. A deficiency in copper results anemia.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Copper is an oft neglected mineral when it comes to bodybuilding. It has so many functions notably being a component of ATP which is involved in energy production and you understand its importance during exercise. Most people do not take the recommended daily uptake in such foods as meat and vegetables necessitating supplementation.

Eating Copper rich foods like Shell fish, oysters and organ meats such as Liver and Kidneys as well as sunflower seeds, almonds and dark chocolate helps our body form collagen and absorb iron thus helping the body in energy production. Although too much copper intake can lead to copper toxicity which can result to nausea, vomiting and stomach pains.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was never aware of any foods containing copper, but I do eat shellfish and organ meat, so I should have plenty of that in my diet.

Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix

Copper is more essential in the human body than we care to imagine or admit. Some sources are beef liver,sunflower seeds, lentils, almonds, apricots,chocolate, blackstrap molasses and mushrooms. Enough intake of copper actually ensures brain health, maintains energy and slows your aging process. Personally, I am not much for observing my diet, but I always make sure my copper intake is right on point because it slows down muscular degeneration. It will make you just as well built when you're 60