• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

No workout during the Holiday season

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you continue your workout during the holiday season when food is abundant and parties are prevalent? The Yuletide season is one of the biggest problems when it comes to keeping fit because we tend to over-eat, lack of sleep and too much activities that our body suffer. For me, I just try to maintain a few push ups and the hand grip to at least give my body some warm up.

R

remnant

Banned
I find the holiday reason the best for workouts. Most people are free from daily routines and it might be time to catch up. You don't have to exert yourself too much, even strolls across neighbourhoods witt count and am a default walker. I think with discipline, you should eat fruits and vegs to fill yourself before embarking no calorie loaded servings to avoid unnecessary weight gain.

Natasha0717

Natasha0717

I'm disappointed in myself for not doing much at all this Holiday Season except for doing a lot of baking in the kitchen. I was making sweet stuff that I don't even usually eat, and then after all the cooking/baking, didn't have any energy at all for doing my usual workout. Kind of surprising because I stick to a routine and never break it. It's just been so cold and depressing here, the motivation is almost out the window at this point because we're all dressed in layers, and the whole time I'm secretly thinking to myself, "WHAT does it matter if you're fat or thin right now??? Nobody will even be able to see one way or another with all these coats on." :roll::-D

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

During the Holiday Season I only go to the gym about 3 to 4 times and that's for the whole month of December including our Christmas party at the gym. I usually do the second part of my semi annual fasting every November, I fast for a week exactly 6 days in which I only it three soda crackers a day and drink a lot of fresh Coconut Juice, I do this to clean my system and it reduces my weight just in time for the holidays. During the holidays I don't overeat or over indulge in food but I do eat whatever I like and try to balance it with a lot of vegetables and fruits.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Working out is a daily routine for me the moment I wake up from sleep and prayed in the morning. I would brush my teeth and take my morning run straight to the gym. It's just around 2 hours that I spend in the gym before coming back. But anytime that I can't go to the gym, I would workout at home which I enjoy the same way I enjoy working out at the gym. The only thing that would stop me from working out is illness.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the holiday seasons there is less time, but whenever I can do escape from my familiar obligations to do my workout. ;)

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the holiday seasons there is less time, but whenever I can do escape from my familiar obligations to do my workout. ;)

When you would have a hard time working out during holidays season is if you are working out during the day or evening hours, it's going to be very hard for you see time to workout. This is why I prefer doing it early in the morning immediately I woke up and before 8-9 am in the morning, I'm done and can focus on my days task with the family.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, working out in the morning means the job is done, so many times waking up early and doing it is the best choice.

When you would have a hard time working out during holidays season is if you are working out during the day or evening hours, it's going to be very hard for you see time to workout. This is why I prefer doing it early in the morning immediately I woke up and before 8-9 am in the morning, I'm done and can focus on my days task with the family.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, working out in the morning means the job is done, so many times waking up early and doing it is the best choice.

Exactly, if you can get up early in the morning before the day is fully bright to kick off with your workouts, you are definitely going to complete all your drills before other family members begin to wake up. It's only going to be hard for the family members if you don't have a different room for your workouts, then you would likely wake the entire household up from your workouts. This actually why some people prefer to workout at the gym.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is hard to keep to a consistent workout routine in holiday season, with the shorter daylight hours, traveling to see family, crazy shopping schedules, squeezing in a workout can be hard. Exercise can be a valuable tool to get you through the holiday season.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is hard to keep to a consistent workout routine in holiday season, with the shorter daylight hours, traveling to see family, crazy shopping schedules, squeezing in a workout can be hard. Exercise can be a valuable tool to get you through the holiday season.

Exactly! If one is being very honest, one would easily admit that it's very difficult to keep up with regular workouts during holidays season because of how the schedule of such periods is tightly fixed.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Exactly! If one is being very honest, one would easily admit that it's very difficult to keep up with regular workouts during holidays season because of how the schedule of such periods is tightly fixed.

But I believe that you can compensate the lack of exercise with the activities that you do during the holidays like attending gatherings and events. When held in the mall, there's a long way to walk from the parking area to the mall proper and I believe that is a form of exercise especially when I am already tired and on my way back to the parking area.

D

DeathDefier

I take a week off every 12 weeks or so but it can vary a week here or there. I try and plan that week to land on significant holidays.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

But I believe that you can compensate the lack of exercise with the activities that you do during the holidays like attending gatherings and events. When held in the mall, there's a long way to walk from the parking area to the mall proper and I believe that is a form of exercise especially when I am already tired and on my way back to the parking area.

True! I completely agree with you on this about using some of your schedules during the festival season to make up for whatever exercise time you have missed.

Take for instance, I do fetch water with two buckets every morning. I carry it and climb 3 story building and its a big drill for my arms.