• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hard workout with extreme diet can kill you

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This was experienced by a childhood friend who went to the extent of not eating anymore but still doing hard workout of running and lifting weights. She landed in the hospital presumably due to exhaustion or dehydration. She is fortunate to have recovered after a week of hospitalization. The advice is to take the diet moderately especially when you are doing a heavy workout. Your body needs the nutrients that you burn during the exercise.

R

remnant

Banned
Clearly, the fella should have reckoned that the two are not complementary unless if was conditioning himself for commando training. But on a similar premise, I have discovered that working on an empty stomach in the morning having taken a heavy supper improves performance. Its like food decreases the appetite for exercise, its a compensatory mechanism.

R

rz3300

Banned
Well that sounds awful, and it makes you wonder the extant that some people are willing to go. Hopefully this can serve as a precautionary tale of some sort for other who might be thinking anything like it.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well that sounds awful, and it makes you wonder the extant that some people are willing to go. Hopefully this can serve as a precautionary tale of some sort for other who might be thinking anything like it.
I'm sure there are guys with that conviction of making extreme sacrifices just to have those coveted muscles for showing off. And they can only blame themselves for neglecting the nutrients that they need while doing the workout. I intentionally posted this topic for people to be warned of going to extremes with their workout and the goal of losing weight.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When you work the body too much, it requires a lot of meal and rest to recover to be in a good shape to resume the training the following day. It's such a risky thing to do by working out too much without feeding properly. What is the person thinking about? In my opinion, I would call such actions to be indirect suicide. People ought to be careful with how they deal with their body and their health.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The body has to burn glycogen or your stored up carbohydrates to keep going, and besides not eating can put you in a crappy mood as well, and no one really wants to deal with a jerk at the gym anyways. So you are better off finishing your gym workouts, feeling happy and refreshed, and not feeling bad and ready to kill for food.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To sum it up, overdoing of anything is very bad.

So, as much as it's good to engage in good exercise and be on diet, it's very important to go at it in a healthy manner because, it can really backfire.