Your first visit?
Register

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

How do you keep fit during the festive season?

The festive season beginning with Christmas is one which most people choose to overindulge and people lead a sedentary lifestyle while ingesting copious amounts of calories. I choose walking as my default way to keep fit, I don't use any vehicle when travelling over shorter distances. I don't think lack of time should be an excuse. How do you keep fit during this period?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: How do you keep fit during the festive season?

For me, moderation is the key otherwise you can pig out today but you have to pay it back tomorrow. It's not good to eat so much with the reason of the holiday season when food is abundant. My trick is to lower my weight by a pound or two before the festivities so I wouldn't be hesitating with my food intake. But then again, it is still moderation to be observed because the more weight you gain, the harder it is to shed off.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

During the holidays I don't over indulge too much with food, I learned my lesson, in the past I usually eat a lot specially during Christmas season, the result was by January I've added 15 pounds which took me 4 months to lose. As you know when we reach a certain age our metabolic rate decreases and it's easier for more mature men to gain some poundage lol. It's always good to eat in moderation and never over eat. Exercise and a good workout along with a healthy diet will give you balance.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

In the festive season we need to watch out for what we eat, and we also need to exercise a little more so that we don't gain weight.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I remember one holiday season when I was teased with my bulging tummy. A picture taken of me was the proof. When I checked on the weighing, scale, I had gained 8 pounds. I was not aware of that. And you know that it's not easy to shed off 8 pounds. It took me 3 weeks, I think, before I was able to go back to my normal weight. That served a good lesson to me that indulging excessively during the holidays is not a good idea.

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    For me, moderation is the key otherwise you can pig out today but you have to pay it back tomorrow. It's not good to eat so much with the reason of the holiday season when food is abundant. My trick is to lower my weight by a pound or two before the festivities so I wouldn't be hesitating with my food intake. But then again, it is still moderation to be observed because the more weight you gain, the harder it is to shed off.
    I see no harm in letting loose during the festive season. Gaining a few pounds is actually good because it gives you the zeal to keep exercising in order to gain back your shape and muscle mass. I don't think it is possible to gain much weight than you can easily shed off if you are fit. Personally, I eat and drink as much as I can during Christmas and laze around till the season is over. I only need like three weeks of exercise to regain my muscles and my shape.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yeah, it comes as a shock when we gain weight. We need to be very careful with what we eat, or else it's so easy to acquire nasty habits or simply eat too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    I remember one holiday season when I was teased with my bulging tummy. A picture taken of me was the proof. When I checked on the weighing, scale, I had gained 8 pounds. I was not aware of that. And you know that it's not easy to shed off 8 pounds. It took me 3 weeks, I think, before I was able to go back to my normal weight. That served a good lesson to me that indulging excessively during the holidays is not a good idea.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

collapse Posting Permissions