• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How do you keep fit during the festive season?

R

remnant

Banned
The festive season beginning with Christmas is one which most people choose to overindulge and people lead a sedentary lifestyle while ingesting copious amounts of calories. I choose walking as my default way to keep fit, I don't use any vehicle when travelling over shorter distances. I don't think lack of time should be an excuse. How do you keep fit during this period?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me, moderation is the key otherwise you can pig out today but you have to pay it back tomorrow. It's not good to eat so much with the reason of the holiday season when food is abundant. My trick is to lower my weight by a pound or two before the festivities so I wouldn't be hesitating with my food intake. But then again, it is still moderation to be observed because the more weight you gain, the harder it is to shed off.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

During the holidays I don't over indulge too much with food, I learned my lesson, in the past I usually eat a lot specially during Christmas season, the result was by January I've added 15 pounds which took me 4 months to lose. As you know when we reach a certain age our metabolic rate decreases and it's easier for more mature men to gain some poundage lol. It's always good to eat in moderation and never over eat. Exercise and a good workout along with a healthy diet will give you balance.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the festive season we need to watch out for what we eat, and we also need to exercise a little more so that we don't gain weight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember one holiday season when I was teased with my bulging tummy. A picture taken of me was the proof. When I checked on the weighing, scale, I had gained 8 pounds. I was not aware of that. And you know that it's not easy to shed off 8 pounds. It took me 3 weeks, I think, before I was able to go back to my normal weight. That served a good lesson to me that indulging excessively during the holidays is not a good idea.

Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix

For me, moderation is the key otherwise you can pig out today but you have to pay it back tomorrow. It's not good to eat so much with the reason of the holiday season when food is abundant. My trick is to lower my weight by a pound or two before the festivities so I wouldn't be hesitating with my food intake. But then again, it is still moderation to be observed because the more weight you gain, the harder it is to shed off.
I see no harm in letting loose during the festive season. Gaining a few pounds is actually good because it gives you the zeal to keep exercising in order to gain back your shape and muscle mass. I don't think it is possible to gain much weight than you can easily shed off if you are fit. Personally, I eat and drink as much as I can during Christmas and laze around till the season is over. I only need like three weeks of exercise to regain my muscles and my shape.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, it comes as a shock when we gain weight. We need to be very careful with what we eat, or else it's so easy to acquire nasty habits or simply eat too much.

I remember one holiday season when I was teased with my bulging tummy. A picture taken of me was the proof. When I checked on the weighing, scale, I had gained 8 pounds. I was not aware of that. And you know that it's not easy to shed off 8 pounds. It took me 3 weeks, I think, before I was able to go back to my normal weight. That served a good lesson to me that indulging excessively during the holidays is not a good idea.