• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ancajas to stake his IBF super flyweight title in February

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mexican contender Israel Gonzalez is challenging Filipino champion Jerwin Ancajas for the IBF super flyweight belt in Texas on February 3, 2018. Amid the bravado or Gonzalez with his fight record of 21 wins with 1 loss and 1 draw, Ancajas is heavily favored in the betting. Top Rank is managing the career of Ancajas who has 19 KOs for his record of 28-1-1 with 4 defenses of his belt.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jerwin Ancajas of the Philippines defeated Israel Gonzalez to retain his IBF super flyweight belt. Ancajas floored Gonzalez in the first round which stymied the challenger and it was all Ancajas until the 10th round when Gonzalez was again floored for a mandatory 8 count. When Gonzalez fell for the second time, the referee stopped the fight on the advice of the challenger's corner. It is the 4th successful defense of Ancajas of his belt, all by knockouts.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the first time since 1925 that 2 Filipinos will battle it out in a world championship fight for the 118-lb title. Ancajas recently stopped Israel Gonzales in the 7th round of his 4th defense in Texas. And now, Anjacas will be facing the mandatory challenger in the person of Jonas Sultan. The fight will be the undercard of the bout between Jeff Horn and Terrence Crawford. The IBF super flyweight crown will be contested by 2 Filipinos which is a rarity.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Update on the defense of Jerwin Ancajas. The April fight as the undercard of the Crawford-Horn fight has been postponed. Terence Crawford has suffered an injury and the fight is being tentatively rescheduled on the first weekend of May. IBF super flyweight champion Ancajas is continuing his training because he is not taking his Filipino opponent lightly. Bob Arum is the promoter of the bout.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Update on the all-Filipino fight for the IBF super flyweight crown. The fight will be held in Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas on May 26. On the strength of his position in the list of challengers, Jonas Sultan is the mandatory challenger after beating another Filipino, former champion John Riel Casimero. At this early, Ancajas is the odds on favorite in the local betting.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The bout of Ancajas and Sultan on May 26 in Las Vegas will be televised live in Manila. This is a historic fight between 2 Filipinos to contest the IBF super flyweight championship. The fight will be covered by ESPN5. The fighters will be leaving for the US 10 days before the fight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From the tentative venue in Las Vegas, the IBF super flyweight championship fight of Jerwin Ancajas and Jonas Sultan will be held in Selland Arena located in Fresno, California. The reason for the change of venue was not mentioned. The arena has a capacity 10,000 and tickets are selling good despite the sudden change of location.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With his fight record of 14 wins and only 3 losses, Jonas Sultan aired his confidence in the upcoming fight with IBF champion Jerwin Ancajas. Odds makers say that Ancajas is to win by either a knockout or a unanimous decision. And some pundits say that Sultan may not have a chance because he is out there to help increase the popularity of Ancajas and not to ruin it. But that's probably just a rumor. This fight may be the biggest opportunity for Sultan so he should be focusing on his career and should not care about the career of Ancajas.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fight in Fresno, California proceeded with full of excitement but unexpectedly ended in a unanimous decision. IBF junior bantamweight champion Jerwin Ancajas retained his belt with a 117-111, 119-109, and 119-109 decision from the 3 judges. It's not really a lackluster fight but the crowd were booing from time to time simply because they were expecting a knockdown at least. Jonas Sultan lost but he may have gained some fans with his bravado and exciting fighting style.