• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Australian Open 2018

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sentimental favorite Maria Sharapova suffered a rout by German Angelique Keber with a 6-1, 6-3 trashing. Both former champions, Keber and Sharapova met in the 4th round. On the men's side, top seed Roger Federer defeated Richard Gasquet 6-2 7-5 6-4.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rafael Nadal is aiming for his 17th grand slam by winning the Australian Open. It may be easier since Federer is not in the picture. But first Nadal has to hurdle his quarterfinal assignment against Marin Cilic. The Spanish Nadal is ranked number 1 while Croatian Cilic is currently number 6. In the women’s category, Angelique Kerber is the highest ranked left in the quarterfinals. She was ranked number 1 in 2016.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nadal is playing right now against Cilic, a tough match. If he wins, Dimitrov might be waiting for him in the semis, and Federer in the final... :)

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nadal is playing right now against Cilic, a tough match. If he wins, Dimitrov might be waiting for him in the semis, and Federer in the final... :)
Talk of luck and lucky guys always stay in front. Rafael Nadal fails in his search for his 17 grand slam when he retired on the 5th set of his quarterfinal match with Marin Cilic. Due to pains in his upper right leg, Nadal surrendered the game and walked with a visible limp towards the news conference. Ranked 6th, Cilic will play 49th ranked Kyle Edmund who defeated 3rd ranked Grigor Dimitrov.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is Wozniacki vs Halep in the women’s finals of the Australian Open after Simona Halep beat Anelique Kerber in the semis in 3 sets. It was a sorry loss for Kerber considering that the winner of the finals will be named number 1. Caroline Wozniacki who is currently number 2 disposed of Elise Mertens in the other semifinal match.

The winners of the Autralian Open are Roger Federer and Caroline Wozniacki.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, well deserved winners as they were the stronger throughout the tournament. Great finals, a pleasure to watch!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is to rectify my error in one post above where I said that it is easier for Nadal to win a grand slam because Federer was out. It was not exactly my error but one friend told me about it just before I was writing that post. And then he said that he meant another player and not Federer. Just a mistaken name. Anyway, it's still a good result for the Australian Open. And now the winners are proclaimed to be both ranked number One? This waiting for a confirmation.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wozniaki become world number one, but not Federer, even if he's really close to Nadal. Maybe that can change in the upcoming weeks, depending on the results. :)

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wozniaki become world number one, but not Federer, even if he's really close to Nadal. Maybe that can change in the upcoming weeks, depending on the results. :)

Thank you for the correction. I had read that number 1 for Federer in the local newspaper here and maybe I did not read the line completely because I was about to leave. Anyway, I'm glad that it was Federer who won because at least there is a semblance of popularity with the winners. It is boring if the winners are virtually unknown.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My pleasure. :) I am a huge Federer fan, so I was happy he won. Cilic is far from being unknown though, he won a US open a few years ago, and he's currently world nº3.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Chung demolished Djokovic
Federer punished Chung
Cilic dismantled Nadal
Federer destroyed Cilic in 5th set Australian Open Final

That's why head to head records is pointless. Congratulations Roger Federer!