• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sergio Oliva Jr leaving the Open Class!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Big announcement from Sergio Oliva Jr! He is no longer going to be competing in the open class! He will be going down to Men's physique class!
6bfbaade33373ef91aa390282787f2a3-1.jpg

From Sergio Oliva Jr:
I’m sad to announce because of health reasons I will be stepping down from the open class. I found out my second uncles grandfathers cousin had a bad heart. So just not willing to take the risk, sorry. But I’m actually not going to move down to Classic and instead, just go straight down to Men’s Physique. I’d like to apologize to Chris Aceto, friends, family, sponsors and everyone who invested in me, sacrificed their life and time for me to reach my dream of being Mr. Olympia one day. Just for me to be like “Just kidding”, It’s actually not that important to me after-all. So even tho I’m surrounded by perfect examples of great pros, in perfect health, and great representations of the word “longevity” right in my face, I’m still ignorantly calling the sport unhealthy. I didn’t win the Mr. Olympia my rookie year so I don’t like that ,and don’t want to push my body anymore.

It's a joke!!

Last edited:
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thought he was serious for a second!

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Not sure if everyone knew that the last post from Sergio Oliva Jr was not serious. Here is his clarification:
UPDATE?? Clearly I need to clarify my last post. Well I am not moving to men’s physique. I am a bodybuilder and will always be one. I love this sport more than anything in my life. It’s because of this sport that I am even here walking and breathing. My parents met because of this sport. A lot of people ask me why I hit the Victory Pose. To be compared to my dad? Trying to be a second coming? I am not my father and I never will be. I hit that pose because it’s a sign of proof that our sport is living on through generations. If you Like me or not, I am walking proof that this sport is healthy. Don’t use a few bad apples in over 60 years of competitions to prove a point that this is unhealthier than any other sport. Every time I do a show and hit the #Victory,I’m a contradiction to every negative statement or accusation to my class. But Hey, It’s not for everyone tho. This is the greatest sport but its also the hardest as well. I would never call out anyone who wants to change positions in it. It’s only when you state the only reason you are is because of the health risks in my category. And on top of it say “The Classic Division is the future of bodybuilding” Now you have offended every past pro before me including my father that helped start all this. I actually highly respect the REAL classic division Competitors not the “weekend warriors” who pretend to live this life we do. The classic physique division is not the same muscle mass as the golden era. I’m sorry you have your info wrong. My father was 5’9 and weighed 250lbs he would have to lose 55lbs!!!! To achieve greatness takes time. When you run a sprint in this, is when it becomes “unhealthy” The current top pros will retire eventually. Maybe not Dexter, he will prob compete against my son lol but then it will be time for the next generation of this sport. You can be a part of it and choose how you want it portrayed by leading by example. I care about the future of this sport. And I’ll defend it till I die. I’m going to be that staple for change not just whine about things I have the tools to change.But no matter what open Bodybuilding in IFBB Pro league will live on forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
crazed

crazed

Re: Sergio Oliva Jr leaving *** Open Class!

lmao, this is funny shit

Last edited by a moderator:
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow this is a great a news!