• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rafael Nadal

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Former World number 1 Rafael Nadal retired from the Mexican Open with a suspected aggravation of a hip injury that he suffered before when he retired from the Australian Open last month. He actually was not seen in the court since he already felt the pain during practice. Ranked #2 in the world, it seems that Nadal is having a health issue that can derail his comeback.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rafael Nadal is being hounded by bad luck with his leg injury. After his forced retirement from the Mexican Open, he is posed to play Indian Wells for the ATP Masters event in Miami on Friday. That leg injury was nearly in the same area as the hip problem that was the reason for his pullout in the Australian Open. Nadal is currently number 2 in the world rankings.

M

Melee

Banned
I like Rafa (not that I know him personally or anything), but I think that when someone plays with the intensity he plays with gets injured, it can be a blessing in disguise. He is someone who probably never rests unless he is forced to. He takes the game seriously, and like Roger F. told him one day after a game they'd had, "Tennis needs you." Tennis does need players like Nadal, players who take the game seriously, but I'm sure his body could use a nice long rest right about now. If he is patient, and doesn't come back too soon, I'm sure we'll continue to see great play from him. I think that he's a great and interesting player. I've watched him on and off for years.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I think its time that Rafa takes a little time off, get healthy and try to come up with new ways of playing that doesn't veer too far from his game style. He needs to shorten points and get more free points on serve and also stop running down on everything. His legs can't take it anymore. If he can do what Federer did and managed his game and body well, he's got more slams in him for sure. Longer recovery for a longer career.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think Nadal is going to change his game. It has been working for him, and he's nº1 again...

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I don't think Nadal is going to change his game. It has been working for him, and he's nº1 again...

As he ages and gets a little older, I believe he will. All athletes try to improve themselves as years go by. It is about being efficient for lesser amounts of effort and still getting the same result. The best example of such athlete would be LeBron James.