• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rematch of GGG and Canelo Alvarez in May

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Las Vegas is the venue of the May 5 rematch of middleweight champions Gennady G. Golovkin of Kazakhstan and Saul Canelo Alvarez of Mexico. The fight is expected to break the record of the previous match which ended in a draw. Canelo is sporting a fight record of 49-1-2 while Triple G who is undefeated has 37 wins against 1 draw which was caused by Canelo. The single loss of Canelo Alvarez was against Floyd Mayweather.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Update: Saul Canelo Alvarez was tested positive for a banned drug according to Daniel Eichner, World Anti Doping Agency director. But he accepted the reason of Alvarez that the presence of banned drugs was caused by eating contaminated meat which is common in Mexico. The drug testing is done for the upcoming fight of Alvarez and Golovkin in May. The drug testing is upon the request of Golovkin to be on the level for both fighters.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't believe he got away with that! Tainted meat?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the drug test is applied months before the fight to be clear on that issue because it is a big fight that will be a waste when decided to be a no contest due to drug use. But Canelo Alvarez, who is managed by Golden Boy productions of Oscar Dela Hoya, will not resort to drugs for a better performance because he knows the implications. As per the latest, Canelo Alvarez will be going to the US for the continuation of his training. Hopefully, no more contaminated meat this time.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The May 5 rematch of Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez is a go despite the failed doping test of Saul Canelo Alvarez. In a statement released by Golovkin's camp, they have a suspicion that Alvarez and his promoter Oscar Dela Hoya are into doping to give Alvarez the advantage. Golovkin actually believes that Canelo Alvarez is a cheater and that contaminated beef that caused the failed doping test is a joke or a silly reasoning. Adding insult, Golovkin believes that Alvarez had used banned substances in his previous fight. Gee, that's a brazen accusation.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saul Canelo Alvarez is temporaritly suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for being found positive of the banned drug clenbuterol which the camp of Alvarez attributed to contaminated meat, which they claimed is prevalent in Mexico. There will be a hearing on April 10 to clarify the matter and if Alvarez cannot present a good alibi, the rematch with Golovkin may not push through.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is sad news for boxing because the Nevada state regulators have filed a formal complaint against Saul Canelo Alvarez for the violation of the doping regulation. They said that Canelo Alvarez can be suspended for 1 year due to the positive test results not once but twice. A hearing is set on April 18 that Canelo Alvarez must attend to explain his side on the issue.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Final update. It's now official that the awaited rematch of Gennady Golovkin and Saul Canelo Alvarez is cancelled because Alvarez pulled out. Alvarez was twice found to be positive of a banned substance clenbuterol. The drug testing before the fight was agreed upon by both fighters although it was the suggestion of GGG. For the fight to continue on May 5, the camp of GGG is now looking for an opponent in lieu of Alvarez.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With the disqualification of Saul Canelo Alvarez for the May 5 fight, Gennady Golovkin is left hanging on air with no opponent. His promoter Tom Loeffler is almost admitting that they couldn't fight a worthy opponent and the Golovkin is already getting frustrated. The 36-year old champion has an undefeated record and 1 draw that was with Alvarez on their last bout that had a questionable decision. Poor Golovkin. A champion with no fight.