• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Do these exercises for shoulder in jury recovery!

Kayce

Kayce

VIP
Author
Shoulder injury
Having a shoulder injury can affect the whole upper body workout of a bodybuilder. Shoulders of a human being have a rotator cuff. The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder joint.
How does a person acquire a shoulder injury? The answer lies in the fact that some people are ego lifters and what they do is try to go heavy without learning the proper form of a shoulder exercise.

How do I know if I have a shoulder injury?
When you lift your arm and you feel some pain in your shoulder then there is probably an injury in your shoulder. If you feel a lot of pain without even lifting the shoulder, you should probably go to a physiotherapist. The pain can be due to muscle spasm as well.

How to treat a shoulder injury?
For shoulder injury recovery, you would have to do some rehab exercises. The following are the exercises for recovery of a shoulder injury:
⦁ Lateral rotation.
To do this exercise, you need to have a dumbbell. Follow the instructions mentioned below:
⦁ Hold the dumbbell in one of your hands.
⦁ Bend the elbow of the hand with the dumbbell so that a 90 degree angle is created between the upper arm and forearm.
⦁ Bring the forearm in a position making a 90 degree angle with the torso and keep your upper arm parallel to it.
⦁ Now rotate the forearm externally keeping the upper arm stationary.

You would have to do 2 sets of 20 reps for this exercise using light weights. After this you can do this exercise with internal rotation.
The following picture demonstrates it using a cable(you can use a cable too).
Bodybuilding shoulder injury

⦁ Internal and external rotation.
For this exercise too, you would need a dumbbell otherwise a cable can also be used. Follow the instructions below:
⦁ Hold the dumbbell in one hand.
⦁ Bend the elbow of the hand having the dumbbell such that its forearm and upper arm make a 90 degree angle.
⦁ Now bring the upper arm of the hand with the dumbbell in a position such that upper and lower arms both make a 90 degree angle with the torso.
⦁ Now rotate it externally.
You would have to do 2 sets of 20 reps for this exercise. After that, you can do it internally as well.
The following picture depicts it.
Bodybuilding shoulder injury1

You can use a dumbbell weighing 5lbs to do these exercises. To avoid shoulder injuries, do exercises in proper form. Keep training and keep yourself fit! Be sure to check with your doctor if you are going to be using the reverse shoulder press.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Morepower
Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great article. I will have to say though, it would depend on exactly what is wrong with your shoulder. I know before I had shoulder surgery, these exercises shown would irritate it bad, while some movements with heavy weight wouldn't bother it at all. Guess it just depends on how serious the injury is

JiLLian

JiLLian

There are some exercises available that can help improve and maintain shoulder health and that can be used in the shoulder injury recovery process. Some are easy to learn, and effective shoulder exercises will help get you moving in a positive direction.

B

bourehim

I was injured at work doing an abrupt movement without warming up, and that cost me nearly two years of recovery, so, beware of injuries even outside of working out.

M

Morepower

The shoulder is a very complicated muscle. It is made up of 3 threads. To avoid shoulder injury, would always advise you to do a proper warmup. Properly stretches before starting the workout. Always start with a good stretching routine. The shoulder would naturally get overworked when we train other muscles, so we have to be very careful while training them. Should use proper form, incrementally increase your training we get used to our workout routine.