• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Russian powerlifter Mikhail Shivlyakov at the Arnold Strongman Classic!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
If you watached the 2018 Arnold Strongman Classic you would have witnessed Mikhail Shivlyakov, Russian Powerlifter successfully deadlifting 425 kg! That is 936.965lbs! The way he powered through it was just incredible. His face looked like it was going to exp[lode and blood actually came out of his nose! He still lost to "Thor" Hafthor Bjornsson who plays "The Mountain" in the Game of Thrones who lifted 1041lbs breaking the world record!

Here are some pics of Mikhail Shivlyakov during his lift!
Mikhail Shivlyakov nosebleed 2018

Mikhail Shivlyakov nose bleed 2018

Here is the video!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
That was the most amazing lift on that evening imo. Will remain a classic clip in most hardcore powerlifting/strongman videos for sure.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I still can't believe it bro. I've never, ever seen anything like that before and its part of the reason I'm hooked on strongman and powerlifting in addition to bodybuilding!

It was crazy. He looked like he wasn't going to be able to do it but he just pushed himself harder then I've seen anyone push before.

Last edited:
macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I still can't believe it bro. I've never, ever seen anything like that before and its part of the reason I'm hooked on strongman and powerlifting in addition to bodybuilding!

It was crazy. He looked like he wasn't going to be able to do it but he just pushed himself harder then I've seen anyone push before.
Absolutely incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glad to see there is a powerlifting & strongman forum & yes... that was an amazing lift!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The moment I saw the blood gushing out of his nose, I knew right away that the weight almost took Mikhail Shivlyakov over his breaking point but he was determined to lift it or die trying. I was happy to see him successfully achieved that record for himself even though Thor beat his record.