• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2018 FIBO Global Fitness Germany

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
2018 Fibo Germany!
Fibo Global 2018
FIBO Global Fitness 2018 is coming up
April 12-15, 2018
Exhibition Centre Cologne
Messeplatz 1
50679 Cologne, Germany
Fibo

2018 Fibo Germany

Last edited:
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
FIBO 2018: Cooperation Options for Fitness Clubs and Physiotherapists

View attachment 17093
Demand for prevention training and health offerings is on the rise. This offers great potential for fitness clubs and physiotherapists. FIBO 2018 will explain how to tap into this potential from 12 to 15 April. Club operators interested in offering preventive training will find just as many inspirations at the trade show in Cologne as will physiotherapists seeking to establish training courses. Serving as the central point of contact over all four trade visitors days will be the Meeting point Physio in Hall 7. Here club owners and physiotherapists can gain advice on rewarding cooperation schemes.

Health training enjoys a high priority
“Due to the demographic changes the percentage of older people is rising in the population,” says Douglas Strom, Sales Director DACH at Life Fitness, one of the world’s biggest fitness equipment producers. “This is why the health theme is growing in importance in society in general.” The positive effects of health training echoed across the media also boost demand. “There is so much scientific evidence now that nobody can ignore this issue anymore,” confirms Martin Hirsch, Sales Director Germany / Austria working for Core Health, another multi-national equipment producer. This is why the expansion of health ranges is the most important project for many clubs this year.

Benefits for clubs and therapists
With prevention offerings club operators can not only address new target groups but also clearly set themselves apart from discount clubs and low-cost fitness chains. “Both these aspects generate new customers and make existing ones even more loyal club members,” explains Douglas Strom and adds: “This is a win-win situation for both the clubs and their professionally attended members.” And physiotherapists? They can generate additional revenue with a health training segment.

“Most physiotherapists have to stop treating their patients once the minimum treatment has been completed from the statutory sickness funds’ perspective,” says Ralf Buchner, CEO of practice-organisation experts Buchner und Partner. Although targeted training could stabilise therapy results. “This requires a referral to a sufficiently qualified club or installation of self-payment division for medical training/therapy inside the practice.”

Consulting at Meetingpoint Physio
At FIBO club operators and physiotherapists can find out which solution is best for them. In cooperation with Buchner und Partner Meetingpoint Physio will offer a comprehensive consulting and lecture programme on all four trade visitor days. “We will answer questions about the smart management of patient referrals, targeted cooperation with club employees or about offering training and therapy under one roof.” Other lectures will look at sportspeople as a target group for clubs as well as patient and staff motivation. On top of this Sunday will see two workshops: one on prevention in the morning and the other on the cooperation with therapists and personal trainers in the afternoon.

About FIBO
It’s the world’s largest international trade show for fitness, wellness and health: the industry’s key players come together at FIBO in Cologne. This is where innovations are launched. This is where international trends are set. This is where the industry comes to invest. Some 1,019 companies from 49 nations participated in 2017, meeting more than 150,000 trade and private visitors from around the globe. In 2018, FIBO will take place at the Exhibition Centre Cologne from 12 to 15 April. Kicking off the trade show on 11 April 2018 will be the 5th European Health & Fitness Forum, a meeting of about 400 leading representatives of the European fitness sector.

- - - Updated - - -

Fitness, nutrition, fashion and performance: Fitness community to meet at FIBO in Cologne in April
View attachment 17094
In spring, there’s no better place for fitness enthusiasts to be than FIBO in Cologne. On 14 and 15 April 2018, the world’s largest trade show for fitness, wellness and health will put on display all the emerging trends: training devices and equipment for home gyms. New exercise and workout styles. Nutritional supplements for performance and a healthy lifestyle. Smart and cool sportswear. And last but not least: new wearables and apps. Everything can be tested right onsite. What’s more, FIBO offers a real challenge: a huge join-in programme with everything from aqua fitness to Zumba that will make you sweat even if you’re in great shape. And FIBO provides a boatload of information for those who might be interested in launching a career in the fitness sector.

Fitness equipment – this will definitely come!
When it comes to fitness equipment, natural movement and digital entertainment are two mega trends – and both can be experienced in Hall 6 at FIBO. For instance, bicycle ergometers are now able to lean into curves like road bikes. Rowing ergometers deliver an additional challenge by replicating the natural instability on the water. And treadmills are operated using nothing but muscle power or – even better – themselves generate electricity that can be fed into the grid. Digital technology helps to correctly perform exercises, both with gym equipment and home fitness equipment such as the digital training stick for the popular mobility workout. By now, playful virtual reality elements are being used even in in-home equipment like abdominal trainers to ensure entertainment and motivation. Also featured in Hall 9 will be new products for functional training, including a vest with built-in water tank to improve body stability, gymnastics rods for in-home CrossFit studios, and app-based live workouts and competition games.

Food – healthy nutrition is booming
View attachment 17095

What does a balanced and healthy diet look like? What additional needs do athletes have? What vitamins and minerals should be added through supplementation? Find answers to those questions in the new FIBO Cooking Area in Hall 10.2. In live sessions, a professional chef will present the healthy meals that should be a part of every diet plan. In addition, the Sports Nutrition exhibition segment in Hall 4.2 will feature manufacturers from across Europe, Asia, the US and New Zealand with the nutrition trends of the year: from protein drinks to collagen for cartilage protection to organic isotonic beverages to bars made from insect protein. For the first time, visitors will also be able to sample a non-alcoholic protein beer for a guiltless post-workout treat.

Fashion – how about some smarts?
View attachment 17096

Sports bras that measure the heart rate. Fitness T-shirts that optimise posture. And sports tights intended to prevent painful runner’s knee. All that will be available along the big shopping mile in Hall 4.2, plus stylish fitness apparel from such major brands as Puma, Reebok, Skechers, Freddy, Frenetic, Venice Beach, Benimble and YVETTE Sports Trends. Retailers Karstadt Sports and intersport will also bring famous brands to FIBO, including Under Armour, Adidas and Nike. Fashion inspiration will be on display on the FIBO Catwalk in the same area, where professional models and dancers will be staging the latest fitness fashion in an action-packed show.

Live experiences – FIBO’s join-in programme
View attachment 17097

Anyone who attends FIBO instantly becomes a part of a global fitness community. Group fitness fans, for example, meet in Hall 4.1 to try out the latest workouts together: the twerking-based twerXout is a real challenge for the legs and hips, while IFAA DAYO merges classic yoga elements with dance steps, and Olefit brings together fitness and flamenco. Those who are interested in using the advantages of water for their workouts can do so in the Aqua Fitness Pool in Hall 4.1, the site of a special programme on Saturday and Sunday morning. Don’t forget your swimsuit! For the first time, yoga fans will also get their money’s worth this year, with offerings ranging from mindfulness exercises to hatha yoga to vinyasa flow. Moreover, everyone’s invited to join the “STRONG by Zumba Training” in Hall 5.1 on Thursday. Here, visitors can compete with top Zumba trainers doing push ups, burpees, squats and planks. Participation is fee-based and requires advance online registration.

One of FIBO’s major audience magnets is the stand of Team Alpha Bar, which offers calisthenics and street workout shows and competitions. On Saturday, 1vs1 freestyle battles are fought to determine the winners of the titles Barhero and Barheroine of FIBO 2018. A weighted competition will also be held. FIBO visitors can take advantage of a Big Calisthenics Area with open bars for everyone and a free daily workshop programme. Calisthenics experts stand ready at all times to share tips and advice.

Fitness jobs – get advice at FIBO
FIBO is also the right place for anyone interested in launching a career in the fitness sector. Numerous experts and forums offer tips, including the Personal Trainer and EMS Forums in Hall 5.2. The same hall also houses the New Business exhibition area for founders and prospective franchisees. This is the place to see the best practices of the exhibiting founders and young entrepreneurs and get some expert advice: for example at the stands of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, the German Franchise Association and such franchise providers as Bodystreet, Buggyfit and Wax in the City.

Tickets
Tickets can be purchased online at www.fibo.com/tickets.

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Jay Cutler is getting ready to attend Fibo Germany! Meet Jay at booth E26!
Jay Cutler fibo

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Meet Ronnie Coleman if you are there! He always has great booths!
Fibo ronnie coleman

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Jay Cutler is still there if you want to meet him!
Fibo Jay Cutler Jay cutler

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Roelly Winklaar is at Fibo!
Roelly Winklaar Fibo

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Ronnie Coleman is at Fibo! This baby doesn't even realize he is with the King!
Ronnie Coleman

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Look at Ronnie Coleman signing autographs at FIBO Germany! I find it incredible that Ronnie has so many young fans! Many of them were not old enough to have seen him on stage. Ronnie Coleman is a true legend and ambassador of the sport of bodybuilding and we need more role models like him in bodybuilding.
View attachment 17355
Here is what Ronnie Coleman said about it on Instagram:
Having big fun at the Fibo this year. Yesterday about 5 kids came to my booth yelling “Yeah Buddy”, “Lightweight Baby”. I asked them where they heard this and they said they had been watching my Dvd’s. I was quite surprised because they were of the ages of 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 years old. The last thing as a kid I would be watching was some crazy guy lifting tons of weights and screaming out these outrageous phrases. My how times have changed and the youth has changed. But my own daughter got into competitive figure skating at the age of 3. Now at the age of 4 and 5 their getting up at 4am to practice. This was unheard of in my day. I didn’t start lifting weights until I was 12-13 years old and the only reason I started was because everywhere I went people asked me if I lifted weights because I was so muscular at that age. Today is the last day of Fibo and I just want to say thanks to everybody that came out to see me and I’m already looking forward to next years event.

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Flex Lewis at Fibo
Flex Lewis

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
musclemecca is lucky enough to have UnderBody who was in Germany for 2018 Fibo Germany!

Here are his pics exclusively for musclemecca!

The first 4 are of Ronnie Coleman at Fibo Germany!
2018 Fibo 1

2018 Fibo 2

2018 Fibo 3

2018 Fibo 4

Last edited:
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DSC00198

a train from colonie to airport and fibo power location!