• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's almost officlal since there is already a date that Manny Pacquiao will be meeting Lucas Matthysse in the ring on July 15 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Matthysse is currently the WBA welterweight champioin. The Argentinian Matthysse is managed by Oscar Dela Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions. The report did not say anything about the purse.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WBA welterweight champion Lucas Mathysse is very happy to be facing Manny Pacquiao in the ring which he calls the legend and monster for the 8-division champion's killer punch. With the Argentinian's fight record of 39 wins with 36 KOs and only 4 losses, he will be a wall against the aging former champion Pacquiao. But win or lose, Mathysse will be in the record books that he is the 3rd boxer from his country to fight a boxing superstar. The first 2 were Oscar Bonavena against Muhammad Ali and Marcos Maidana against Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm glad he is happy. These fights are worth fortunes, so it's a lot more than a sporting event.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pacquiao is the underdog in the early betting although the numbers may change a week before the fight. But most of Pacquiao's countrymen see him as a has-been and his knockout punch is long gone. Only the bravado is left. Now, for this fight which is supposed to be his last fight, it is more for the money and not for anything else. Pacquiao has thousands of scholars to take care of. I can't believe that he is sending to school 10,000 poor students. And that may probably be the reason why he still wants to fight even if he is already a senator.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's now official - Freddie Roach is out of Team Pacquiao. It will be Pacquiao's best friend Buboy Fernandez who will be handling the training of our 8-division champion. However, I have my personal dislike for the situation because just seeing Buboy gives me a headache. How can a trainer be effective when he himself has that bulging tummy? Pardon me for my comment but my take on sports trainers is that they should be practicing what they preach. In other words, a trainer should be fit unlike Buboy.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As of the latest news, Freddie Roach admitted being hurt by his exclusion from Team Pacquiao for the fight between Manny Pacquiao and Lucas Matthysse. The partnership of Roach and Pacquiao last for 15 years with many championship fights. The question now is what if Pacquiao loses to Matthysse? Does that mean that Roach was a factor in his fight? Or is Pacquiao really on the twilight of his career already?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With his fight record of 39 wins with 36 knockouts, Lucas Matthysse has the bragging rights to say that he wants to end Pacman's career by a knockout. Pacquiao is already 39 but the Argentinian champion is not young either at 35. Pacquaio has had no knockout wins since 2009 and his last fight was a sorry loss to Australian Jeff Horn. That leaves Pacquiao as the underdog and probably the odds will not change until the day of the fight. If and when Matthysse will end the fight with a knockout, it is a given that he should retire once and for all.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another update to the saga of the upcoming fight of Manny Pacquiao and Lucas Matthysse, the issue on the sacking of Freddie Roach as head trainer is being clarified. Pacquiao, in an official statement, said that he has no decision yet about Freddie Roach which means the status quo prevails that Roach is not fired nor terminated as the head trainer. But the question remains - what is the participation of Roach now in the current training program of Pacquiao for his July fight?

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saga is the right word, there is so much going on around those fights that it seems a TV show.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The promotion has started for the fight of Manny Pacquiao and Lucas Matthysse to be held in Malaysia on July 15. The first stopover is Manila and next is Kuala Lumpur. Golden Boy Promotions of Oscar Dela Hoya in cooperation with MP Productions of Manny Pacquiao are still gathering sponsors but Golden Boy had already confirmed the fight. Matthysse is proclaiming to defeat Pacquiao in a grand fashion of a knockout since he has 36 KO victims in his 39 wins. Pacquiao, for his part, believes that he still has the sting in his left hand.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquiao's best friend and trainer Buboy Fernandez admits that he is overwhelmed in his assignment as the head trainer and coach vice Freddie Roach. Although Pacquiao had denied that he had terminated the services of Roach, the hall of famer trainer is not included in his team for his upcoming fight against knockout artist Lucas Matthysse. Fernandez said that they are training to combat the style of the Argentinian who had kayoed 36 of his opponents. Fernandez is hoping that he can bring back the former condition of Pacquiao.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

This would be a good fight for Manny but I think he can beat Matthysse easily, after losing to Horn, I think Manny is now hungry for a win, he would be a lot faster and stronger, that's how Manny bounces from a lost. And Matthysse has only half the experience Pacquiao has in the ring. My fearless forecast would be a 2 round knockdown and an 8-10th round knockout in favor of The PacMan.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquiao seemed to have been done with Freddie Roach because his best friend Buboy Fernandez is officially his head trainer and head coach in the fight. Nonito Donaire Sr, the father of the Filipino Flash, have joined the training staff of Pacquiao as assistant trainer. Maybe Pacquiao wants to improve on his speed that he has admitted recently that he seemed to be slower now.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After seeing his eight round TKO of Tewa Kiram at The Forum in Los Angeles, I know it is going to be legendary when he faces Manny Pacquiao.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After seeing his eight round TKO of Tewa Kiram at The Forum in Los Angeles, I know it is going to be legendary when he faces Manny Pacquiao.

What do you mean by legendary, that Matthysse cannot beat Pacquiao or vice versa? Just take note that Pacquiao didn't have a knockout win for the last 9 years. If it's an indication, his punching power may have faded already. Anyway, in an interview, Pacquiao now admits that his upcoming fight with Matthysse will be a big factor for his retirement if he loses. But then again, he is not saying that he will decide to retire at once, it will still depend on the kind of loss.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The picture in the betting odds is getting clearer as Matthysse is now the favorite with -200 plus. I think the trend will continue since fans are now realizing the condition of Pacquiao that aside from his age of 39, he is not completely focused on his boxing. Take note that it's been a long time since we had seen a KO win by Manny and his last outing was a unanimous decision by Australian Jeff Horn.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Justin Fortune is the Australian conditioning coach of Manny Pacquiao now. Fortune is focusing on the movement of Pacquiao that he should not repeat the mistake of being trapped on the ropes. That's what happened to him when he lost the fight to Jeff Horn. As expected, Fortune predicts a win for Pacquiao and the odds seem to agree. As of the latest, Pacquiao is the slight favorite in the betting to beat Matthysse.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

What do you mean by legendary, that Matthysse cannot beat Pacquiao or vice versa? Just take note that Pacquiao didn't have a knockout win for the last 9 years. If it's an indication, his punching power may have faded already. Anyway, in an interview, Pacquiao now admits that his upcoming fight with Matthysse will be a big factor for his retirement if he loses. But then again, he is not saying that he will decide to retire at once, it will still depend on the kind of loss.
I actually know Matthysse is going to retain his WBA title
When he faces Manny in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the 15th of July. Although, I feel like they should both retire after this legendary fight.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually know Matthysse is going to retain his WBA title
When he faces Manny in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the 15th of July. Although, I feel like they should both retire after this upcoming legendary fight.

M

Maestro

Both Manny and Matthysse have seen their share of fights. With Pacquiao being the only eight-division world champion in the history of boxing and Lucas also has won the WBA title. Although, I thought Manny would have retired by now but it looks like his career is not yet over.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joel Diaz, trainer of Matthysse, admitted that the fight will not go the full route of 12 rounds. Either way, it will be a knockout. They are not discounting the fact that Pacquiao still has that killer punch and just one hit can result in a knockout. For their part, the Argentinian Matthysse has hammer fists that can pulverize the opponent, so to speak. As of today, the betting is still slightly in favor of Manny Pacquiao.