• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Disappointing UFC 223

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's a phenomenon that UFC 223 still pushed through. The touted match of UFC lightweight #2 contender Khabib Nurmagomedov and #1 contender Tony Ferguson for the interim belt was changed when Ferguson suffered a knee injury 6 days before the fight. He was replaced by Featherweight champion Max Holloway who was later pronounced unfit to fight. Eventually, it was Al Iaquinta, the #11 contender who saved the day. And the fight between Iaquinta and Khabib is for the UFC lightweight belt. Expectdedly, it was a one-sided affair for Khabib who became the first Russian champion in UFC.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

It's a phenomenon that UFC 223 still pushed through. The touted match of UFC lightweight #2 contender Khabib Nurmagomedov and #1 contender Tony Ferguson for the interim belt was changed when Ferguson suffered a knee injury 6 days before the fight. He was replaced by Featherweight champion Max Holloway who was later pronounced unfit to fight. Eventually, it was Al Iaquinta, the #11 contender who saved the day. And the fight between Iaquinta and Khabib is for the UFC lightweight belt. Expectdedly, it was a one-sided affair for Khabib who became the first Russian champion in UFC.

It's like Khabib was handed the belt just so that Russia would have a UFC champion. I saw the fight and shame on UFC having Laquinita who's so far in the rankings fighting Khabib, making the fight one sided from the start. Ever since UFC became global, like they're fighting everywhere nowadays, I think the sudden increase in the number of fighters is the reason for such lackluster fights, the quality of fighters are champions have been deteriorating over the years. I think they should source out the best of the best again like what they did in the early days of UFC.