• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fasting or Dieting, Which is more Effective in Losing Weight?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I'm a firm believer in Fasting, I've been doing it for years. I usually fast for 6 days, Eating only a few soda crackers a day and Drinking Fresh Coconut Juice. Drinking fresh coconut juice cleans my system and helps burns stored extra fats. By drinking lots of it a person won't go hungry even if he doesn't consume any food. I fast twice a year every every October and during Lent every March. Everytime I fast I lose 15 pounds minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cocunut juice is full of sugar and calories so if you are drinking it you are not really fasting.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I admire your resolve in fasting for 5 days or more. It is an agony for me. But I agree that fasting loses the excess pounds quicker than mere dieting which usually fails when the person is not very determined that there is a tendency to succumb to temptation. But there is a downside to fasting - stomach problems may arise like gastritis, acidic stomach or even ulcers.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not healthy to fast on sugar.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think fasting is good for a couple of days but after that it would not be good for me. After a fast though, any lost weight usually returns, and they say you can even add a few extra pounds because of the slower metabolism you have after fasting, so it makes weight gain easier. The fasting side effects like low blood sugar and weakness are not fun either.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I think fasting is good for a couple of days but after that it would not be good for me. After a fast though, any lost weight usually returns, and they say you can even add a few extra pounds because of the slower metabolism you have after fasting, so it makes weight gain easier. The fasting side effects like low blood sugar and weakness are not fun either.

I agree. Fasting is not so good in the long run, and the side-effects that come along with it like the ones you have mentioned is not medically sound. Go for a healthy diet, like a balanced meal or something. Reduce your intake of carbohydrates like rice and such, and for sure you'll get leaner in no time.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I suggest dieting and exercises it works. Fasting is not good since you may lack energy to work or do some activities. But many people fear the workouts since its tiring but it is the best way to loose weight.