• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Golovkin vs Martirosyan

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin will be facing Vanes Martirosyan on May 5 in Stubhub Center in Carson City, California. Martirosyan is the replacement for Saul Canelo Alvarez who was suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for 6 months because of the doping test failure. Golovkin will be staking his WBC, WBA and IBF belts to Martirosyan who has a record of 36-3-1 with 21 KOs.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems that May 5 is fast approaching but nothing is heard of the upcoming fight of Gennady Golovkin against Martirosyan. For sure GGG is the top favorite in the betting odds but sponsors are needed to make the fight a blockbuster. Even the tv coverage is unheard of as if the fight is a non-title fight and of lesser fighters. It is unfortunate that GGG doesn't have the machinery of promotion. I just hope that he wins the fight in a stunning fashion.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's now a go today for the defense of middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin against Martirosyan at the Stubhub Center in Los Angeles. As expected, GGG is the odds on favorite and probably the numbers will grow bigger until the last hour of betting. Golovkin will be staking his WBC and WBA belts. His IBF crown is not on the line for this fight which means if GGG loses, he remains IBF middleweight champion.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As expected by many, GGG made short work of his fight with Vanes Martirosyan when the fight was stopped in the 2nd round. This is the 20th defense of Golovkin's middleweight belt that tied the record of Bernard Hopkins. The problem now is the next opponent of Golovkin which is not visible for now except for Saul Canelo Alvarez who is nursing a suspension of 6 months due to use of prohibited drugs in the training. In an interview, Oscar Dela Hoya defended Alvarez in saying that the doping charge is unfair since the drug found was minute or just a trace. Dela Hoya is the promoter of Alvarez.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The camp of Golovkin is still wishing that the fight with Saul Canelo Alvarez will materialize sometime in September when the doping suspension ends. The cancelled fight would have earned GGG some $20 million in purse while his recent fight in beating Martirosyan in 2 rounds netted him only $1 million. It's really popularity that dictates the purses of fighters be it in boxing or mixed martial arts. And it's a pity that GGG with his formidable fight record couldn't command a high purse.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is no surprise at all that Golovkin dropped Martirosyan in the second round. Martirosyan got the date with less than four weeks' notice and entered having not fought in nearly two full years since a loss to Erislandy Lara.