• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Donaire vs Frampton April 21

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nonito Donaire, Jr. will square off with Carl Frampton for the WBA interim world featherweight belt in SSE Arena in Belfast, Ireland on April 21. Donaire is 2012 Fighter of the year aside from being 5-division champion while Framption is 2016 Fighter of the year and a 2-division champ. Donaire sports a fight record of 38-4 while Frampton has a record of 24-1.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is a sorry fight for Nonito Donaire. It looked like Frampton was toying with the aging Donaire. The 12 round fight was decided by the judges with a scoring of 117 to 111 on all tge 3 cards. It is now imperative for Donaire to retire.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

It is a sorry fight for Nonito Donaire. It looked like Frampton was toying with the aging Donaire. The 12 round fight was decided by the judges with a scoring of 117 to 111 on all tge 3 cards. It is now imperative for Donaire to retire.

Considering Frampton is shorter and Donaire has a longer reach advantage, Donaire was simply out boxed and out classed by the younger Frampton. There were 3 instances in the 7th and 8th round and 11th rounds that Donaire hurt Frampton with an uppercut and a straight jab that wobbled Frampton a bit but Donaire failed to capitalize on it. I do agree with your analysis that Donaire should consider retiring already if he loses again on his next fight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Donaire still has that killer punch but the problem is that he couldn't hit Frampton who may be too fast for him or he was simply very slow now. In one news article, Donaire said that he will fight again but in a lighter division which means he is like admitting his slowness due to his weight. The excess weight may have been the factor that slowed him down.