• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath calls bs on over training!

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil heath over training
What do you guys think about over training when it comes to bodybuilding? Phil Heath made the following quote about eating and over training in this Phil Heath Q and A video:

Over training, I don’t wanna say is BS, but I think if you are not eating enough you can’t recover fast enough and you training the same body part you are over training.

O

Oldschool

Ive heard others say the same stupid thing...

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't agree. Everything he explained about "if you do train to much one bodypart or don't eat right, you won't recover right"... that to me is just explaining what over training is. The definition is training to a point where your body can't hanle it & can't repair fast enough. He even said at the end "you can't train chest twice a day"... why not?? Because you'll overtrain! That's the way I see it.

O

Oldschool

I don't agree. Everything he explained about "if you do train to much one bodypart or don't eat right, you won't recover right"... that to me is just explaining what over training is. The definition is training to a point where your body can't hanle it & can't repair fast enough. He even said at the end "you can't train chest twice a day"... why not?? Because you'll overtrain! That's the way I see it.

And you Sir, are correct.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He is just airing his personal opinion, I wouldn't argue with him on it but I don't agree to everything he said because it's not all of them that are true. I do agree to point of not eating well and overtraining, it will definitely have effects on your body. But to focus one's training on a particular part of the body in order to achieve your desired goal isn't bad at all, and it shouldn't be called overtraining in any way.