• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Can eating nuts make you gain weight?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My normal weight is 150 pounds in the morning and it stays that way all the time except when there is a binge like dining in a buffet restaurant or missing my exercise. But for a week now, I have gained 4 pounds and couldn't shed it. My suspicion is the nuts that I eat. I bought cashew nuts last week and roasted chestnuts last weekend. There's also the peanuts in my drawer. I eat those nuts for the mid morning snacks when I am working on the computer. It goes well with Coke. Do you think that it is the nuts that gave me the added 4 pounds?

Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix

My normal weight is 150 pounds in the morning and it stays that way all the time except when there is a binge like dining in a buffet restaurant or missing my exercise. But for a week now, I have gained 4 pounds and couldn't shed it. My suspicion is the nuts that I eat. I bought cashew nuts last week and roasted chestnuts last weekend. There's also the peanuts in my drawer. I eat those nuts for the mid morning snacks when I am working on the computer. It goes well with Coke. Do you think that it is the nuts that gave me the added 4 pounds?

I really don't think nuts can make you gain weight. They do have a little cholesterol but not enough to make you gain 4 pounds. Proteins, mainly meat, will make your muscle mass and also the fat in your body increase in no time though. Nuts contain very little in nutritional value and onky work to supplement your normal food intake.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think nuts can make you gain weight. They do have a little cholesterol but not enough to make you gain 4 pounds. Proteins, mainly meat, will make your muscle mass and also the fat in your body increase in no time though. Nuts contain very little in nutritional value and only work to supplement your normal food intake.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think nuts can make you gain weight. They do have a little cholesterol but not enough to make you gain 4 pounds. Proteins, mainly meat, will make your muscle mass and also the fat in your body increase in no time though. Nuts contain very little in nutritional value and only work to supplement your normal food intake.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It depends on how much you are eating in Cashew Nuts.
They are Calorically Dense.

1 Oz of Cashews is 150 Calories ~ 12 Grams of Fat ~ 9 Grams of Carbohydrate ~ 5 Grams of Protein.

You could easily be eating 4 Oz's at a sitting and Not realize it................................ JP

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I really think that the coke is the main culprit and not the nuts. Nuts dont really make one fat because it contains unsaturated fats and omega 3 fatty acids. If you eat a lot of nuts you won't get fat, you'll get diarrhea.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say that eating nuts on a regular basis, does not promote weight gain, whether people follow a strict diet, or eat as they please- and even sometimes nuts protect against weight gain. Usually people that eats nuts have a pretty healthy lifestyle.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say that eating nuts on a regular basis, does not promote weight gain, whether people follow a strict diet, or eat as they please- and even sometimes nuts protect against weight gain. Usually people that eats nuts have a pretty healthy lifestyle.

Well, it's not about having a healthy lifestyle but about gaining weight from eating nuts that are very rich in calories and fat.

So, the kind of nuts one eats goes a very long way in determining what happens to his or her gaining weight.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

It says that peanuts help lower bad cholesterol and I'm avoiding all type of foods that may increase my cholesterol, but every time I do blood work, it's still a little high. My doctor is trying to convince me to take medication to lower cholesterol. However, I'm still on the process of looking for some other natural alternatives.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It says that peanuts help lower bad cholesterol and I'm avoiding all type of foods that may increase my cholesterol, but every time I do blood work, it's still a little high. My doctor is trying to convince me to take medication to lower cholesterol. However, I'm still on the process of looking for some other natural alternatives.

Personally, I agree with you on this because it's very important to try as much as possible to avoid eating wrong and put yourself in a harms way.