• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bertil Fox, from pro bodybuilder to convicted murderer

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Bertil Fox5

This is not the usual way I write a bodybuilding bio. Normally I honor these guys but Bertil Fox was convicted of murder so not exactly the role model you want for bodybuilding but he was an excellent bodybuilder!

Bertil Fox Bodybuilding Bio:
Birthdate: January 5, 1951
Birthplace: Saint Christopher Island
Height 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
Weight 245 lb (111 kg)
Nickname: Brutal Bertil

Despite the fact that Bertil Fox was a convicted murdered he had a huge bodybuilding carreer!

Bertil Fox Bodybuilding Competitions:
1969 Mr. Britain – NABBA, Junior, 1st
1970 Mr. Britain – NABBA, Junior, 1st
1971 Mr. Britain – NABBA, Junior, 1st
1971 Mr. Europe, Junior, 1st
1976 Mr. Britain – NABBA, Winner
1976 Mr. Europe, Medium, 1st
1976 Mr. Europe, Overall Winner
1976 Mr. Universe – NABBA, Medium, 2nd
1976 Mr. World – AAU, Winner
1976 Mr. World – AAU, Most Muscular, 1st
1976 Mr. World – AAU, Medium, 1st
1977 Mr. Universe – NABBA, Medium, 1st
1977 Mr. Universe – NABBA, Overall Winner
1978 Universe – Pro – NABBA, Winner
1979 Universe – Pro – NABBA, Winner
1980 World Championships – WABBA, Professional, 2nd
1981 Grand Prix Belgium – IFBB, 5th
1982 Night of Champions – IFBB, 2nd
1982 Olympia – IFBB, 8th
1983 Grand Prix Sweden – IFBB, 4th
1983 Grand Prix Switzerland – IFBB, 2nd
1983 Olympia – IFBB, 5th
1984 World Pro Championships – IFBB, 5th
1986 Olympia – IFBB, 7th
1987 Grand Prix Germany – IFBB, 9th
1987 Night of Champions – IFBB, 7th
1987 Olympia – IFBB, 12th
1989 rnold Classic – IFBB, 6th
1989 Grand Prix Melbourne – IFBB, 6th
1989 Olympia – IFBB, 11th
1989 World Pro Championships – IFBB, 5th
1992 Arnold Classic – IFBB, 16th
1992 Pittsburgh Pro Invitational – IFBB, 9th
1994 Ironman Pro Invitational – IFBB, 13th

Betil Fox spends his time now in his jail cell in the Caribbean Island of St. Kitts where he is serving 2 life sentences.

Bertil Fox6
Fun facts on Bertil Fox:

Before he turned to professional bodybuilding Bertil Fox drove a train for the London Underground!
He came in 5th place at the 1983 Mr. Olympia!

Here are few great Bertil Fox pics:
Bertil Fox

Bertil Fox1

Bertil Fox3

More on Bertil Fox From Wiki:
Born 5 January 1951, on the eastern Caribbean island of St. Kitts, Fox emigrated to London, England, with his family when he was one year old. He then moved to Northampton. He did not return to St. Kitts for more than 40 years. He once said, "I'm 100% British. I think, I act and talk like an Englishman, not like someone from the West Indies."

Encouraged by a cousin to take up bodybuilding, Fox won the 1969 Junior Mr. Britain at 18. He went on to win nearly every major bodybuilding contest outside of the IFBB, including the 1976 AAU Mr. World, the amateur 1977 NABBA Mr. Universe and the professional NABBA Mr. Universe in 1978 and 1979. Before turning Professional, Fox worked as a train driver on the London Underground. Joe Weider sponsored Fox's move to Los Angeles in 1981, and he competed in IFBB contests for the next 13 years. Bill Reynolds, then Flex magazine editor-in-chief, gave Fox the nickname "Brutal Bertil" for his high-volume and extremely heavy training.

Fox placed second in two IFBB shows – the 1982 Night Of Champions and the 1983 Swiss Grand Prix (beating Lee Haney) and he finished fifth in the 1983 Mr. Olympia (his second of five Mr. O appearances). He competed in 12 IFBB shows from 1984 to 1994. Retiring from the stage, he returned to St. Kitts for the first time since 1952, to open Fox's Gym in the summer of 1995.

On 30 September 1997, in St. Kitts and Nevis, 20-year-old beauty queen Leyoca Browne and her mother, 36-year-old Violet Browne, were fatally shot by Fox, then 46. Fox, who previously had been engaged to Leyoca, was arrested and charged with the murders. On 22 May 1998, Fox was convicted of murder of the two women. He was originally sentenced to death by hanging, but after an appeal to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council, his sentence was changed to life in prison.

Bertil Fox:
"I'm 100% British. I think, I act and talk like an Englishman, not like someone from the West Indies."

Bertil Fox4

Here are 15 more great pics of Bertil Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember him from back in the day, he had a Great Physique.

It's a shame he has to spend the remainder of his Life in a Prison...……………………………. JP

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Bertil Fox was freed from jail after completing a 25-year term, according to bodybuilder Gary Strydom's Instagram post.

In light of this important development, Fox's son, Shaun Fox, revealed that his father had been freed from the penitentiary, where he had been imprisoned for nearly two decades. Bertil was accused with murder in 1997 after reportedly killing his former fiancée Leyoca Browne and her mother Violet Browne with a pistol.

Bertil Fox was originally condemned to death by hanging, but after appealing the conviction with the Privy Council's Judicial Committee, his 1998 sentence was commuted to life in prison.

Fox was pardoned by the Governor General of St. Kitts and Nevis following his 25-year sentence on Thursday, August 4, 2022, marking his first day back in society as a free man living in London with his family. Although there has been no formal confirmation of his pardon, his son, Shaun, has verified the news on Facebook.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are interested in why Bertil Fox was pardoned here is a video on it.