• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Brown Rice and Muscles

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Brown Rice is a highly nutritious food, it contains no trans fat or cholesterol and has only trace amounts of sodium and fat. It also has a good amount of fiber, energy and polyunsaturated fats as well as micronutrients, this means it's a good muscle builder. It also has a good dose of magnesium that keeps the heart healthy.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Brown rice can help with your muscle building and you need some carbs and protein to build muscle- brown rice has some protein in it, and a bunch of carbs so that is good for building muscle. Brown rice has some good nutrients in it, along with some digestive fiber as well.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let me ask you this question about brown rice. From what I know, the brown rice is not well milled which means the cover that is brown is the healthy part. And if it is true that the brown cover is healthy then why do people by tradition mill the rice very well to remove the brown element that turns into rice bran. If I remember correctly, the rice bran is made as fee for the pigs. Maybe that is why the pigs are very healthy?

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Brown rice is a lot healthier than white rice. Although the amount of calories is about the same for both white and brown rice, the brown rice has a lot more vitamins and minerals and has not been processed and bleached as much as white rice.

Similar to flour, the more unprocessed brown rice is more expensive than white rice, when you would think that less processing would actually make it cheaper. White flour has had all of the bran and wheat germ removed , and is then bleached to make it soft and white. Whole wheat flour, is much better, but also is more costly to buy.
Part of this might be that the more the food is processed , and living enzymes are taken out, the longer shelf like the food has.

Personally, I much prefer the flavor of brown rice over white rice, and that is what I use when cooking rice. I also like to add lentils or wheat berries to my brown rice, which increases the protein and nutrient content of the rice, and adds even more flavor.