• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pizza Meals for Muscles

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Pizza is usually considered as an unhealthy snack or even junkfood but it can be a nutritious post workout snack or meal specially if you use whole wheat crust and healthy toppings. Pizza with the right amount of healthy toppings promotes muscle recovery and refuels your body giving you energy.

A large Pizza with loads of cheese and meats can get you 2000 calories which means more muscle mass and can be a cheap solution for people who wants to gain weight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with pizza but not really for the muscles but for the energy. I know of some amateur athletes who gorge on pizza before going to the competition. Especially the meat and pepperoni pizza, they give you protein that is a fuel for stamina. I am a pizza eater and I have pizza for dinner once in a while. What's good is that I can toast the leftover on the next morning for breakfast. But I want the mixture of meat and vegetables in the pizza.

maj79

maj79

Thin crust Mighty Meaty from mellow mushroom. It’s not wheat crust but at least it’s thin crust. I’ll have this every once in a while as a cheat. But I do keep my cheats around my workouts most of the time. Before and after lifts. Doubt I’d be able to lift after pizza just due to Acid reflux but with the helps of properly timed Tomms I think I can pull this off.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A couple of Slices of Pizza for a Cheat Meal can be Beneficial.

Eating an Entire Pizza for any reason is Foolhearty.

The amount of Sodium alone is well over the recommended Daily Allowance of 2,300 Mg.
In Fact, for a 12" Regular Cheese Pizza with a Wholewheat Crust, you are over 3,100 Mg, Not Extra Cheese !
Start adding Meats, and you could easily go over 5,000 Mg of Sodium.
And that's Not caounting the Extra Fat from the Meats.

This is where you start getting into Fat Spillover.
And all the Sodium will cause Water Retention.

So have 2 or 3 Slices for your Cheat Meal, but don't go Overboard...………………………. JP

maj79

maj79

I’m into to fitness.... Fixin this whole pizza in my mouth. Haha.

But seriously you’re definitely right. Even cheat meals are about the portion control