• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bean Protein

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Beans are cheap, inexpensive and a good source of protein, it's a great replacement for meat protein. It also has antioxidants and other Vitamins and minerals like Magnesium, manganese, copper, Folate, iron, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.

White beans has the highest amount of protein with about 17 grams per cup. While pinto, kidney, garbanzo, navy, black and Lima contains 15 grams of protein per cup, which is about 20 percent of our daily requirement.
IMG 20180527 065416 111

O

Oldschool

Beans are an incomplete protein (lacking one or more of the 9 essential amino acids) but can be combined with other incomplete proteins (ex: rice) to form a complete protein.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lentils are the only Legume that contains All 9 Essential Amino Acids.

But they are Low in Methionine, so you still need to consume some Broccoli, Spinach, Sweet Corn, or another Vegetable which can make up for the shortfall.

And 1 Cup of Lentils has 18 Grams of Protein, so they are a good choice...…………………………. JP
P.S.
They are also Very High in Vitamins and Minerals.

maj79

maj79

I don’t believe any source of protein is a complete protein source but with that said beans are about as close as you get. I try to mix them in as much as I can but with the gas it’s always a guessing game. The outer coating of the skin delays digestion and is good but also cause irritation to some so I’ve been using refried beans and I’ve noticed less gas irritation.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don’t believe any source of protein is a complete protein source but with that said beans are about as close as you get. I try to mix them in as much as I can but with the gas it’s always a guessing game. The outer coating of the skin delays digestion and is good but also cause irritation to some so I’ve been using refried beans and I’ve noticed less gas irritation.

Try the Lentils, they have never given me any Gas Issues.
While other Beans do.
So I really don't eat much in the way of Beans.

Meat, Fish, Poultry, Eggs, Milk, Yogurt and Cheese, are All Complete Proteins.
Containing Adequate Proportions of All 9 Essential Amino Acids................................. JP

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My favorite type of beans is the kidney beans that I cook as chili beans. That's beef and beans which is a good and enjoyable source of protein. However, I have heard so many negative comments about beans particularly from my social media friends. That beans can cause gout or arthritis particularly for the seniors like me. But I don't seem to be affected by their claims. For me, eating beans is for my health and there are no side effects.