• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Keto diet tips

maj79

maj79

What are your experiences with the keto diet? How did you structure it with the calorie breakdown?

The keto diet is a high fat, low carb, moderate protein dietary lifestyle that has proven to be very effective for weight loss. It's also deemed beneficial as an anti-inflammatory and cancer-preventive health regimen.

Last edited by a moderator:
maj79

maj79

Breakfast
5 eggs whites and 3 thick slices of ham

8:00snack
Protein bar

10:00
Veggies and chicken

12:00
Veggie and chicken

3:00
Protein bar

4:30 pre workout crab load
2 cups of rich and chicken, one protein cookie

8:00 one cup of rice and a protein shake
1 scoop of powder
1 scoop of peanut butter
2 cups of fair life milk
5 raw egg white

I need to change this so im only eating one protein bar and lower carbs and higher fat. Without taking from my per-workout carb load

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Ive done some LCHF diet before and I usually eat a ham, cheese and egg sandwich along with coffee.

My lunch would be pork chops or beef along with mushrooms or bell peppers and a diet soda.

Dinner is mainly half a chicken, or fish or crabs along with some low cal veggies.

I'll take 2 snacks, one in the afternoon and one post midnight, usually some cheese sandwiches or a protein bar and water.

maj79

maj79

Yeah, I’m just looking to change things up. It’s always a work in progress

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can have a sandwich with bread on the keto diet? I did Atkins diet years ago and I think you could not have more than 20mgs of carbs all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
maj79

maj79

You can have a sandwich with bread on the keto diet? I did Atkins diet years ago and I think you could not have more than 20mgs of carbs all day.

That’s the idea. But I have to alter it slightly as I’m hypo so I need a small amount of simples a day. But what I looking for is ideas to tweak this to better suit me

T

Tropex21

My wife wants to lose weight but does't want to exercise and feels the keto diet fad is the way to go. She wants to lose weight but not increase any activity levels. A local resident "Keto Guru" is going to charge $300/month for meal plans and advice or whatever. To me it looks like a complete bunch of bullshit. The only way to lose weight and keep it off is with a daily caloric deficit, and exercise needs to be a part of that process or else what's the point? Lose a bunch of weight and still be weak and unhealthy but now you just jacked your risk of cancers and cardiovascular disease

This whole thing is very frustrating..

T

Tropex21

For most people, the keto diet is safe. Of course, as with any major change in diet or exercise, you should consult with your doctor so that he or she can help you understand whether this diet is safe for YOU. And especially if you are a Type 1 diabetic, I would be concerned about you starting keto without being under close supervision by a doctor because you could go into ketoacidosis which is a dangerous condition . (Ketoacidosis is different than ketosis, which is a safe metabolic condition that your body enters when you cut carbs and raise your fat levels. It’s important not to confuse the two because while ketoacidosis is very dangerous, ketosis is healthy and is actually the goal for most people on the keto diet https://whatroseknows.com/keto-bodytone-review/ .)

But for most people, the keto diet is a safe way to lose weight, increase energy, improve sleep, help with many autoimmune conditions, and the list goes on and on. The key to getting these benefits, though, is following the basics of keto - which means low carb, moderate protein, and high fat. This is what sets keto apart from many other low carb diets that often promote high protein.

On the keto diet, you should start out eating less than 20 net carbs per day - which is usually what everyone focuses on. But you also need to focus on your protein and fat levels. Women should eat between 50 and 75 grams of protein per day and men should stay between 100–125 grams of protein per day. And then for the fun part of keto - the FAT - your fat should be between a 1:1 and 1:2 ratio of protein to fat. Which means that if I eat 50 grams of protein a day, I should be eating between 50 and 100 grams of fat per day. And this is the yummy kind of fat - saturated fat is great on keto. So eat that bacon and slather on the butter because eating all that fat will help you lose weight and get healthy - as long as you have cut the carbs. And the fat helps you feel full so you won’t get hungry as often and you won’t feel deprived.

So the basic answer to your questions is yes, for most people the keto diet is safe and has a ton of amazing benefits! Good luck with your keto journey!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been seeing that Keto Diet in social media that some of my friends indulge in. When I asked what it is all about I was surprised with the reply that it is a no-carb diet. No-carb means only meat and fish and vegetables maybe. But another surprise is that the keto diet is centered on the meat. Until now I am still trying to come to terms with that kind of diet because my wife has been overweight for years now and she has tried many kinds of diet except the OMAD and this Keto. Right now she is on the “after 6” diet that she does not eat anything anymore after 6 pm.