• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Shoulder day!

maj79

maj79

How do you focus on those delts? Front and back what’s your go-to to get that painful pump. I’m all dumbbell kinda guy.

Pushtoday

Pushtoday

How do you focus on those delts? Front and back what’s your go-to to get that painful pump. I’m all dumbbell kinda guy.

I use Dumb bells at home and machines when I get to the gym.
Usually I do rear delts on my back days and the fronts and sides on my shoulder days or with chest days.

maj79

maj79

I use Dumb bells at home and machines when I get to the gym.
Usually I do rear delts on my back days and the fronts and sides on my shoulder days or with chest days.

I’m with you on that. I have two leg days a week with one being with dead lifts so when I do back it’s all upper back including the rear delts. My favorite is laying face down on and incline and using the dumbbells in the fly movement then switching to over head all while laying down. Sets of 20’s or 12’s depending on the weight I’m going with that day.

maj79

maj79

Killed it....period

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Normally, I make use of dumb bells at both gym and at home but it's not the only thing I use to power up my shoulder and biceps.

I try as much as possible to add up 50 press up on daily basis, this works very in building up my arm. I would never miss a days press up, otherwise I would feel like the world is coming to an end.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should also make sure that your triceps are strong, because they could be a limiting factor when it comes to the delts as well - they can give out before your shoulders feel completely simulated sometimes. Its is good to use the barbells and dumbells, and do different exercises with both of them for the shoulders.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Until now I have the dumbbells but not the heavy anymore because I tend to develop pulled muscle on my shoulders. Oh, the pains of growing old you need to learn how to adjust with the exercise. Incidentally I have a stiff neck for 3 days now and the local chiropractor said that it was caused by lifting something heavy (like a 5-gallon plastic bottle of water). Sometimes I miss those heavy workouts but I don’t dare anymore. Dumbbells are good for the shoulder but you have to do it the proper way.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I seriously wouldn't miss my dumbell drills in a day. It gives my arms a sense of pride and satisfaction, so it's a very must for my daily workout routine. I might skip crunches in a day but can never skip dumbells coiling.