• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Changing up rep range

maj79

maj79

So for the first two months of my PCT I was going heavy with lower rep counts 5-8. And focused on the big 4 (bench, squat, press, dead) but now it’s been a full 10 weeks since last pin and I want to switch my rep range up to 15-20 for a month leading into my cycle next month. What’s y’all opinion on this?

Reactions: KaiGold and jolter604
jolter604

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
Sponsor
So for the first two months of my PCT I was going heavy with lower rep counts 5-8. And focused on the big 4 (bench, squat, press, dead) but now it’s been a full 10 weeks since last pin and I want to switch my rep range up to 15-20 for a month leading into my cycle next month. What’s y’all opinion on this?
I like changing my reps as well. I go for workouts with 8 reps then switch to 12 rep range. Never did a long range with 4-5 reps

Reactions: KaiGold
maj79

maj79

I normally stay in the 8-12 range then I switched to 5-8 for pCt and went heavy so now that I feel like I’ve about covered all the test I can I want to move to Focus on leaning out and activating long twitch fibers. That’s the idea behind this.

O

Oldschool

There are no long twitch fibers.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I have had an injury before from extensive workouts, so after my recuperation from the injury, I have always taken things slow and moderately in order not to aggravate the injury once again. I do change my rep from time to time but I mostly stick it at 4 - 6 reps.

maj79

maj79

I have had an injury before from extensive workouts, so after my recuperation from the injury, I have always taken things slow and moderately in order not to aggravate the injury once again. I do change my rep from time to time but I mostly stick it at 4 - 6 reps.

Are used to keep the same rate range for a long time then I tore my bicep tendon and my therapist introduced me too long or short twitch fibers along with a whole Lotta other work outs hit all the secondary and stabilizing muscles. Really help me a lot.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Are used to keep the same rate range for a long time then I tore my bicep tendon and my therapist introduced me too long or short twitch fibers along with a whole Lotta other work outs hit all the secondary and stabilizing muscles. Really help me a lot.

Exactly, I kept pushing myself beyond limit and I paid the ultimate price by pulling a hamstring. It was my first time feeling so pains in my thigh. It took nearly 4 months before I was able to fully workout again because without my legs, I can't really do any meaningful exercise.

jolter604

jolter604

Sponsor
I just switched to 3 exercise 7 sets 10-12 reps per body part and seen some changes fast. I have always been 4-5 sets 6-10 reps per excersize.
Feel more tired after the workout.

maj79

maj79

This 20 reps stuff is rough.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
maj79

maj79

Today no workout. Travel day as I get to go home....to more work on my floors. Will be working on them tomorrow to prepare to sell and move. But I’ll try to slip away and get a lift in.

Food
Meal one
Two eggs, two slices of bacon and hash browns.

Meal two
Protein bar

Meal 3
Hash brown steak bowl from Waffle House

Meal 4
Protein bar

Meal 5
Jersey mikes sandwich (wife had for me once I got home)

Meal 6
Protein bar

No gear
Hgh 3iu
Igf 100 mcg

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

If I do lower reps heavier weight, about 4-6, balls to the wall. I don't feel the muscle as much as doing higher reps, 8-16. If I do those higher reps, I sore like crazy! That feeling stays for days then and feels good.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today no workout. Travel day as I get to go home....to more work on my floors. Will be working on them tomorrow to prepare to sell and move. But I’ll try to slip away and get a lift in.

Food
Meal one
Two eggs, two slices of bacon and hash browns.

Meal two
Protein bar

Meal 3
Hash brown steak bowl from Waffle House

Meal 4
Protein bar

Meal 5
Jersey mikes sandwich (wife had for me once I got home)

Meal 6
Protein bar

No gear
Hgh 3iu
Igf 100 mcg

As you already know, I'm laid out with a waist pain injury, so I'm practically not getting involved in any reps at the moment until I get back to my full strength and fitness. So, it's just going out and seeing the world at the moment and enjoying the world cup being played now. It's so sad seeing both Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi get knocked out of the tournament on the same day.

jolter604

jolter604

Sponsor
Step range

RonnieColemanFan

RonnieColemanFan

It's a good move, to nail your conditioning. With higher rep counts you can achieve good muscle definition & striations. Have good rest and maintain a good dose of protein to build muscle and to help your recovery.