Your first visit?
Register

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation maj79's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Changing up rep range

So for the first two months of my PCT I was going heavy with lower rep counts 5-8. And focused on the big 4 (bench, squat, press, dead) but now itís been a full 10 weeks since last pin and I want to switch my rep range up to 15-20 for a month leading into my cycle next month. Whatís yíall opinion on this?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation jolter604's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Changing up rep range

Quote Originally Posted by maj79 View Post
    So for the first two months of my PCT I was going heavy with lower rep counts 5-8. And focused on the big 4 (bench, squat, press, dead) but now itís been a full 10 weeks since last pin and I want to switch my rep range up to 15-20 for a month leading into my cycle next month. Whatís yíall opinion on this?
    I like changing my reps as well. I go for workouts with 8 reps then switch to 12 rep range. Never did a long range with 4-5 reps

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I normally stay in the 8-12 range then I switched to 5-8 for pCt and went heavy so now that I feel like Iíve about covered all the test I can I want to move to Focus on leaning out and activating long twitch fibers. Thatís the idea behind this.

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

There are no long twitch fibers.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I have had an injury before from extensive workouts, so after my recuperation from the injury, I have always taken things slow and moderately in order not to aggravate the injury once again. I do change my rep from time to time but I mostly stick it at 4 - 6 reps.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    There are no long twitch fibers.
    Fast twitch and slow twitch. My old therapist referred to them as long and short

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    I have had an injury before from extensive workouts, so after my recuperation from the injury, I have always taken things slow and moderately in order not to aggravate the injury once again. I do change my rep from time to time but I mostly stick it at 4 - 6 reps.
    Are used to keep the same rate range for a long time then I tore my bicep tendon and my therapist introduced me too long or short twitch fibers along with a whole Lotta other work outs hit all the secondary and stabilizing muscles. Really help me a lot.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Are used to keep the same rate range for a long time then I tore my bicep tendon and my therapist introduced me too long or short twitch fibers along with a whole Lotta other work outs hit all the secondary and stabilizing muscles. Really help me a lot.
    Exactly, I kept pushing myself beyond limit and I paid the ultimate price by pulling a hamstring. It was my first time feeling so pains in my thigh. It took nearly 4 months before I was able to fully workout again because without my legs, I can't really do any meaningful exercise.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation jolter604's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I just switched to 3 exercise 7 sets 10-12 reps per body part and seen some changes fast. I have always been 4-5 sets 6-10 reps per excersize.
    Feel more tired after the workout.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

This 20 reps stuff is rough.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Today no workout. Travel day as I get to go home....to more work on my floors. Will be working on them tomorrow to prepare to sell and move. But Iíll try to slip away and get a lift in.

Food
    Meal one
    Two eggs, two slices of bacon and hash browns.

Meal two
    Protein bar

Meal 3
    Hash brown steak bowl from Waffle House

Meal 4
    Protein bar

Meal 5
    Jersey mikes sandwich (wife had for me once I got home)

Meal 6
    Protein bar

No gear
    Hgh 3iu
    Igf 100 mcg

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

This 20 reps stuff is rough.
    I am gonna try this for sure

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If I do lower reps heavier weight, about 4-6, balls to the wall. I don't feel the muscle as much as doing higher reps, 8-16. If I do those higher reps, I sore like crazy! That feeling stays for days then and feels good.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Today no workout. Travel day as I get to go home....to more work on my floors. Will be working on them tomorrow to prepare to sell and move. But Iíll try to slip away and get a lift in.

Food
    Meal one
    Two eggs, two slices of bacon and hash browns.

Meal two
    Protein bar

Meal 3
    Hash brown steak bowl from Waffle House

Meal 4
    Protein bar

Meal 5
    Jersey mikes sandwich (wife had for me once I got home)

Meal 6
    Protein bar

No gear
    Hgh 3iu
    Igf 100 mcg
    As you already know, I'm laid out with a waist pain injury, so I'm practically not getting involved in any reps at the moment until I get back to my full strength and fitness. So, it's just going out and seeing the world at the moment and enjoying the world cup being played now. It's so sad seeing both Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi get knocked out of the tournament on the same day.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

collapse Posting Permissions