• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Morning or Evening Workouts

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When it comes to exercises and workouts, people seem to be divided into choosing the best time for effective workouts. Some are more comfortable going to the gym in the morning while some prefer working out during evening sessions. This is actually why the gym house is always open both in the morning and evening period.

Which period do you think is best for workouts? Is it morning hours or evening hours?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I was younger, I preferred working out in the late afternoon or evening. The logic behind that is so I can have a complete rest afterwards. But when I got older, a morning workout makes me feel better maybe because my circulation is at the lowest in the morning and the blood is stirred from slumber. And the morning workout gives me the energy that I need for the day.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
People probably have their workouts in the evening because they have to prepare for work in the morning. I see a lot of professionals in the nearby sports complex running and having their workouts in the late afternoon. But given the choice, I think many would prefer a morning workout because your off to a fresh start. The air is still cool and your bio rhythm is still at its peak.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I was younger, I preferred working out in the late afternoon or evening. The logic behind that is so I can have a complete rest afterwards. But when I got older, a morning workout makes me feel better maybe because my circulation is at the lowest in the morning and the blood is stirred from slumber. And the morning workout gives me the energy that I need for the day.

I have actually tried working out a few times during evening hours and it didn't go down well with my body system. My body had a very hard time with adjusting to workouts during that time of the day, so I decided to stop it and focus on exercising only in the morning hours.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People probably have their workouts in the evening because they have to prepare for work in the morning. I see a lot of professionals in the nearby sports complex running and having their workouts in the late afternoon. But given the choice, I think many would prefer a morning workout because your off to a fresh start. The air is still cool and your bio rhythm is still at its peak.

I'm the kind of guy that loves to running very much, and I was told by my then gym instructor that running is a good overall body exercise. Those who are very consistent with it tend to be very fit and they hardly add weight because the running drills helps them to burn lots of calories.

I normally wake up very early in the morning to take my running exercises, at least I always wake up around 4:30 am or 5:00 am, and engage in my running for approximately 40 minutes before getting ready for work.

maj79

maj79

I’m evening. Just don’t have the energy in the morning. I need food immediately upon wake just to have the energy to move. I work 10hr days and start at 7:00am so I wake at 5:30 and stretch, pin some GH then eat at 6:15 and leave to head to the job at 6:30 then I hit the gym at 6:00 - 6:15pm

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I’m evening. Just don’t have the energy in the morning. I need food immediately upon wake just to have the energy to move. I work 10hr days and start at 7:00am so I wake at 5:30 and stretch, pin some GH then eat at 6:15 and leave to head to the job at 6:30 then I hit the gym at 6:00 - 6:15pm

Trying to find a way to schedule yourself with work and exercise is a very good thing to do because when your timing and scheduling isn't good, your workout session wouldn't bear positive results. If you look at your schedule and see that morning or evening time suits you better, then it's better to stick with such period.

maj79

maj79

Trying to find a way to schedule yourself with work and exercise is a very good thing to do because when your timing and scheduling isn't good, your workout session wouldn't bear positive results. If you look at your schedule and see that morning or evening time suits you better, then it's better to stick with such period.

Do right brother. If my day get thrown off most likely my workout will suffer.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Having two kids, wife and a full time job, the best time to workout is whenever I have time! Usually that happens to be between 3 and 5 pm or so.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Having two kids, wife and a full time job, the best time to workout is whenever I have time! Usually that happens to be between 3 and 5 pm or so.

I very much understand your predicament with having less freedom and time to actively engage in workouts. Taking care of one's family is a very big job, some parents don't even have the opportunity to engage in any kind of exercise anymore, especially mothers. Fathers could manage to exercise little but the home chores and kids to take care of, mothers are in full time home work.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I prefer to workout in the morning, then take a long shower afterward. I can't do it on evenings because I do not have that much energy left when the clock strikes 19:00. I believe the best time to workout is when you have the time to do it. Of course, following a specific schedule/routine is better but it might be impossible for someone who lacks the time due to work or family.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, we need to have our priorities straight. Sure, obligations come first, but I also have some daily me time as well.

I very much understand your predicament with having less freedom and time to actively engage in workouts. Taking care of one's family is a very big job, some parents don't even have the opportunity to engage in any kind of exercise anymore, especially mothers. Fathers could manage to exercise little but the home chores and kids to take care of, mothers are in full time home work.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I prefer to workout in the morning, then take a long shower afterward. I can't do it on evenings because I do not have that much energy left when the clock strikes 19:00. I believe the best time to workout is when you have the time to do it. Of course, following a specific schedule/routine is better but it might be impossible for someone who lacks the time due to work or family.

I actually agree with you completely on this assertion that the best time for you to workout is when it's convenient for you to do so because when you are in a hurry to complete your exercise drills, you will definitely not do them well which is going to ruin the entire workout. I used to workout in the evening periods but it turned out not to be the appropriate time for me to workout, so I had to switch my schedule to workout in the morning and ever since then I have been enjoying my exercise.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, we need to have our priorities straight. Sure, obligations come first, but I also have some daily me time as well.

It's true that when it comes to working out especially by an adult family man or a woman, it's very important to schedule your programs in such a way that it will allow you to combine exercise and your other daily life activities without infringing over itself. Find when to fix your workouts either in the morning or evening to maximize your exercise is the best first decision to be made.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol true. Women are very demanding haha, so a jointly agreed schedule is the best one can do to avoid fights later.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol true. Women are very demanding haha, so a jointly agreed schedule is the best one can do to avoid fights later.

I have actually come to the realization that women are lately getting involved with exercise and workouts more often than their male counterparts. Men are slacking these days and it's evident in the number of men and women that turns up at the gym every day when I go for my gym session. We men need to up our game, personally I'm not taking my workouts lightly.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like to workout towards the evening, but not really at night because you are getting too tired, but morning people that workout tend to be more consistent with their workouts. But whatever time you choose to workout, day or night, try to be consistent.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like to workout towards the evening, but not really at night because you are getting too tired, but morning people that workout tend to be more consistent with their workouts. But whatever time you choose to workout, day or night, try to be consistent.

Exactly, you are definitely on point here with your assessment. What matters most is having some sort of consistency with your workouts schedules.

If it's going to be in the morning time, stick to it and if it's evening hours, stick with it consistently.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One nephew who is working in a bank is doing his workout after dinner time. He actually eats an early dinner before 7 pm and goes to the gym by 8 pm for a one-hour workout. At first he was saying that he had the energy and he was happy with the muscles that he was gaining. But lately I have noticed that he seemed to have stopped that routine. Maybe he realized that sleeping with a spent body is not really that good.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One nephew who is working in a bank is doing his workout after dinner time. He actually eats an early dinner before 7 pm and goes to the gym by 8 pm for a one-hour workout. At first he was saying that he had the energy and he was happy with the muscles that he was gaining. But lately I have noticed that he seemed to have stopped that routine. Maybe he realized that sleeping with a spent body is not really that good.

One thing about getting the best out of your workout drills is to make sure you are very observant with how it affects your body and health in general.

If whatever particular routine you are making use of isn't working well for your in totality, it's best to seek out better routine to use.