• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Where do you focus your workouts drills

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone that is hitting the gym have a purpose for going there. Some people would be at the gym to work on their belly fat, lose weight, some for abs development, pumping of biceps, chest blow up while there are some that goes for overall body training.

My area of concentration are my chest, abs, biceps and thigh. All the workouts drills that I engage in are focus on training these parts of my body. Where are the area of focus for your workouts drills?

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At my gym I have a personal trainer, and according to my progresses I change my plan monthly and get new goals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have belly fat that I want to get rid of but not to the extent of going to the gym. We live far from the gym and it is costly here so I just suffice with the bedroom exercise particularly the push up. My target is to do 50 push ups in the morning before breakfast. It never fails to wake up my blood, so to speak, and it supplies me with the energy that I need for the day. But when I am not feeling very well, I lessen the push ups. Yesterday I did 25 because I had a tummy ache and this morning I upped it to 30. Maybe next week I can reach my target of 50. However, I don't see the results since my belly looks the same. Maybe I have to add some more exercise like sit ups.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, the belly is a concern of many, including me, but after having a knee surgery a year ago, I had to start focusing there to start with.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At my gym I have a personal trainer, and according to my progresses I change my plan monthly and get new goals.

This is actually why most people prefer going to the gym to carry out their exercise and workouts instead of staying at home and carrying it out because with the professional help and tips from the gym instructor, they will effectively engage rightly in the drills that will help them develop and achieve their workouts goals efficiently.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have belly fat that I want to get rid of but not to the extent of going to the gym. We live far from the gym and it is costly here so I just suffice with the bedroom exercise particularly the push up. My target is to do 50 push ups in the morning before breakfast. It never fails to wake up my blood, so to speak, and it supplies me with the energy that I need for the day. But when I am not feeling very well, I lessen the push ups. Yesterday I did 25 because I had a tummy ache and this morning I upped it to 30. Maybe next week I can reach my target of 50. However, I don't see the results since my belly looks the same. Maybe I have to add some more exercise like sit ups.

At your age, I can only encourage and admire your strength and courage in trying to keep fit and maintain a good health by engaging in workouts no matter how little you can. Most people would use age as a good excuse for not keep on exercising while others would use the excuse of living far away from the gym house and that it's expensive to get a membership form to crawl away from working out but you have managed to still carry out your exercise drills at home to the best of your ability. I would only suggest taking good care of your body and be very observant with how the exercise affects your body. Don't try over working your body. Get enough rest because your body needs it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the belly is a concern of many, including me, but after having a knee surgery a year ago, I had to start focusing there to start with.

It's so sad to hear about your knee injury, I know that it's never easy with knee injuries and surgery. I have had one experience with knee injury when I was still playing amateur football but it wasn't too serious as it was just a knock, so it never required any surgery. What caused you the knee injury? Was it accident or another thing all together?

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pretty much. It's pretty cool to have a personal trainer that sees how fit we are and develop a training plan according to what we need and our goals.

This is actually why most people prefer going to the gym to carry out their exercise and workouts instead of staying at home and carrying it out because with the professional help and tips from the gym instructor, they will effectively engage rightly in the drills that will help them develop and achieve their workouts goals efficiently.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pretty much. It's pretty cool to have a personal trainer that sees how fit we are and develop a training plan according to what we need and our goals.

When you hit the gym for the very first time, you are always a rookie in the room because unless you had prior knowledge of how to use the tools or equipment found in the gym, you wouldn't know where or how to begin using those workout equipment. I can relate well with my experience when I went to the gym for the first time. I saw the mountain climbing machine and never had an clue on how to use it until I was show by the gym instructor how to make use of it. This is the benefit that comes with using the gym to workout.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Me too, I had no idea what to do either. On the first month I had an unnapealing and unchallenging training plan, but I did it even so, I didn't even sweat. On the 2nd month started to be for real though.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Me too, I had no idea what to do either. On the first month I had an unnapealing and unchallenging training plan, but I did it even so, I didn't even sweat. On the 2nd month started to be for real though.

Haha, I can still recall vividly how I was wandering in the gym on my first like I went for inventory because I was just fixated on sizing out the equipment available in the gym and I was in so much awe seeing some huge guys lifting some serious heavy weight.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I spent so much time at the gym growing up, that I like to focus my workouts outside, instead of a sweaty and smelly gym these days. I like to do my workouts at the park mostly, I suppose I like the great outdoors a lot.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I spent so much time at the gym growing up, that I like to focus my workouts outside, instead of a sweaty and smelly gym these days. I like to do my workouts at the park mostly, I suppose I like the great outdoors a lot.

Outdoor gym workout seems like a good idea. I have had some great experience with such workout strategies in the past but it's a little bit different as we ran from the gym to a nearby stadium and carried out our drills on the open field.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have noticed that my belly fat was reduced when I lost 5 pounds. That may be the effect of lessening my intake of soda. When the weather is warm it is imperative for me to drink soda as per my habit. I have to admit that soda can give you beer belly. By the way I'm doing 35 push ups every morning.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have noticed that my belly fat was reduced when I lost 5 pounds. That may be the effect of lessening my intake of soda. When the weather is warm it is imperative for me to drink soda as per my habit. I have to admit that soda can give you beer belly. By the way I'm doing 35 push ups every morning.

It's good to be very observant with how what we eat or drink affects our body generally as you have discovered for yourself that too much soda intake gives you a beer belly, so quitting it was the best decision you had to make. I'm not really into soda drinks.