• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bulking ideas

D

Dieselmatt

Need some ideas , I’m currently trying a light bulk but would like to really increase it towards fall. I think my main problem is getting enough calories. I don’t count calories I try to get a good amount of protein. But my job is very physical. I’m a diesel mechanic and I work 12hr shifts 5 days a week and sometimes a few hours on the 6th day. I get 1 lunch and 2 breaks so I have to try and get some of my meals in then. My current meals are ground sirloin, Farro, quinoa, white rice, spinach and cheese, veggies, usually ground up all together, I try for about 2lbs of meat. Sometimes I do chicken. 1 50g protein shake. And some aminos during the day.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

During college, I noticed a gained mass by eating a lot of chicken and pasta. I know everybody's different but give it a try. It might work for you too.

D

Dieselmatt

Thanks for the suggestions

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with the suggestions above particularly with the eggs and the tubers. Potato, sweet potato, taro and yam are good for gaining weight. My own suggestion is plantain banana. Eating boiled bananas every day will add to your bulk in just a week.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know a lot of guys don't suggest it, but if you are having trouble bulking or putting any weight on at all... eat everything! High carb, high protein... all of it. Sometimes, when people try hard to watch what they eat, they don't get in enough. You can always adjust your diet, if you start putting on to much fat.

A weight gainer shake at night, probably wouldn't hurt. I think gainers are better at night because they can be filling & you don't want to mess up your appetite. Just a couple ideas. Hope it helps.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some clean bulking up ideas would be rice, pasta, lean chicken breast, lean turkey, steak - cut the fat out though, cottage cheese, and fruits. If you have a high metabolism and don't care how much fat you consume, you could try dirty bulking - this would include eating a variety of junk food and fast foods.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you need to get the best recommendation, I would then take this opportunity to suggest that you get a professional help with a dietician who is a professional in the field when it comes to recommending best meal planning and food combinations that would be very helpful and effective in ensuring that you get all the necessary food chemicals and supplements as well as all the nutrients that your body would be needing with calories and anything else. Personally, I take lots of diet which are very healthy and highly rich in crabs, so as to have my body not lacking anything at all when it comes to balanced diet.

C

Caguioa747

Banned
Make a very large lettuce wrapped burger with whatever you like on it, tomato, onion, bacon, etc, then slather on home made mayo (super easy to make), with a baked sweet-potato for the side. You got your good fat and protein in the burger, veggies in the burger, and good starch on the side. Another alternative to buns is grilling two portobello mushrooms and using those as the bun. So good!!!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with the suggestions above particularly with the eggs and the tubers. Potato, sweet potato, taro and yam are good for gaining weight. My own suggestion is plantain banana. Eating boiled bananas every day will add to your bulk in just a week.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of plantain meal till I visited one part of the states in my country called Akwa Ibom. They are very good when it comes to preparing plantain meals, mashed, boiled, grilled, fried and so on. For the couple of weeks I stayed in the state, I feel in love with always having plantain included in my meal plans at least twice in a week.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
G

GuestHu

Banned
Try considering salmon as part of your bulking diet. It is full of monounsaturated fatty acids which are super-healthy and great for clean bulking. Plus, a large dose of omega-3 fatty acids help improve cardiovascular health. So try consuming it around 2-3 servings of the said fatty fish per week.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
Bulking can be different to be honest, but I'd avoid fish as it makes me weak for some reason!

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
In my own experience, I got bulky when I doubly eat any kinds of food. I also sleep long hours. From a thin person I then became fat and bulky.