• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Canned Corned Beef

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Canned Corned beef is a good source of protein, zinc and B Vitamins, the problem is, it is high in fat, a 3oz serving has 180 calories, 22.5 grams of Protein and a whole lot of Sodium. What you can do to lessen the fat is to not include the white fat inside the can and by steaming it to drain the out the oil, you can also add some veggies to it to make it more healthy, also you can pick a low sodium variant and a lean variant.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Great tip my friend. What I usually do when I cook corned beef is to saute some garlic and onions, put the corned beef in, then I add some water to the empty can and pour everything on the pan. Then I add some stripped cabbages to lessen the oil and make it less greasy. Wollah! Dinner is served.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We have a stock of canned goods in our food cabinet particularly corned beef, sausage, pork and beans, tuna, bottled sardines and pasta. But we eat those canned goods sparingly because we don't want our body to be full of preservatives from those canned food. It's always best to eat food with fresh ingredients that's why we go to the market every day for our kitchen needs.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Fresh stuff isn't so unheard of in an emergency, depending on the situation. Fridges stay cold for a day or 2 so it makes sense to use up whatever fresh food you have, or make use of what you have available in your garden.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually corned beef and cabbage is the traditional dish to eat on St. Patrick's Day- in America that is. In Ireland it's not that popular, but Irish Americans really love it. I would stay clear most of the time though, because it has a lot of sodium in it, but maybe have some on St. Patrick's Day with some green ale for good luck.