• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Canned Salmon Benefits

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Canned Salmon is a good source of protein and calcium, a 3oz serving can give you as much calcium as a glass of Skim milk, that's if you eat the soft little bones of the salmon.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As I had posted in another thread, eat canned goods sparingly. There's no substitute for fresh food especially when it is in our kitchen. It is all right to eat canned goods but not often. To be honest, we had sauteed canned tuna for breakfast this morning. With salmon, I know that there are benefits like omega-3 and the oil that is good for the heart. But again, it is better if the salmon is fresh and not canned.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A couple of canned salmons you find in the supermarket today include pink salmon and sockeye. Both pink and sockeye salmon have great omega-3 intake, but sockeye offers a bit more of the omega-3 intake. Also salmon has a lot of vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin- it has a lot of B vitamins as well, especially B-3 and B-12 as well. You could also look for cans that say, no added salt as well.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I love eating the bones of fish when they are canned (most especially sardines). They're so soft and tender, yummy!