• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Canned Tuna Benefits

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Canned tuna is cheap, healthy and readily available. It's one canned food that can give you high quality protein, B Vitamins, Omega3 fatty acids among others. It's good for the heart and can help improve blood circulation and aid weight-loss.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love canned tuna. Like you say, it's cheap and healthy, and it's easy to make a lot of meals with it.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We have canned tuna in our food cabinet all the time because that is my comfort food - when I am bored with too much meat, tuna is my recourse because it is light and not really filling. But we saute it with onion, garlic and red tomatoes for more flavor. It's best eaten with steamed rice. I know that tuna is a healthy food but I didn't know that we can get protein from tuna. By the way, fresh tuna is very expensive in the market that's why I just suffice my craving with the canned tuna.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, fresh tuna is way more expensive. As for canned tuna, we have it in all shapes and sizes, but the healthiest has to be the one canned with salt water only, no oils and nothing else.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I was eating a tuna sandwich when I saw this. Anyone know what else I can do with the eight cans of tuna in my cabinet?

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eating canned tuna is great for your protein intake, and each 4-ounce can including both water and oil packed, contains 30 grams of protein. Also canned tuna is a modest source of omega-3 fatty acids- my favorite is cilantro and some red onions with mayo, mixed into the canned tuna on some kind of toasted whole grain bread.