• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Your best War Movie

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

My best War Movie is
Full Metal Jacket, it's a 1987 Stanley Kubrick film which stars Mathew Modine as Private Joker, the story revolves on the Vietnam War and it's harsh impact on the life of American soldiers during that era.
IMG 20180701 104903 743

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There were a few good war movies.
Saving private ryan
Full metal jacket
Hamburger hill
Platoon
Inglorious bastards
American sniper
Glory
Many more..

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I watch many war movies. Band of Brothers was really good though it was a series, not a movie. Das Boot was good as well and not as well known as others.

Thanks for posting guys!

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Band of brothers was great. There were more but have to get my thinking cap on.
Inglorious bastards was a comedy also i believe.
I watch many war movies. Band of Brothers was really good though it was a series, not a movie. Das Boot was good as well and not as well known as others.

Thanks for posting guys!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Platoon
The longest day
The big red one

There are some really old ones too. There is one I can't remember the name of that was filmed right after WW2 using real solders and on location.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
My best war movies are: Apocalypse Now, The Longest Day, The Red Baron,Empire of the Sun, and all the doc films in the BBC series The World at War.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

One of my favorites is Mel Gibson's We Were Soldiers. It's a 2002 American war film that dramatizes the Battle of Ia Drang on November 14, 1965. America's 1960 jets are awesome and looks pretty modern for their time. The best part was when Mel Gibson said "BROKEN ARROW." It is a code word meaning that everything about the mission was going bad. The airstrike came in, and then guess what? The US won. LOL

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just watched American sniper. The other night. Wife actually put it on. What a coincidence.
Said how he died.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A couple of my favorite war movies include Captain Corelli's Mandolin(2001), and it takes place in Greece's Ionian islands where they are invaded by Italian soldiers and German soilders. Captain Corelli is an Italian officer and has a passion for the mandolin as well. Another war film I like was from 1965 and is called Von Ryan's Express and has some great adventure in it as well- allied prisoners of war conduct a daring escape by hijacking a freight train and fleeing through German -occupied Italy to Switzerland.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another great war movie was The Deer Hunter that came out in 1978 and won 5 Oscars as well, including best picture. I like this film because it shows their life at home, the war experiences, and their homecoming as well. Also it shows the way they changed when they come back- De Niro is the leader of the trio, and comes back in pretty good shape from the vietnam war, although he has lost his taste for deer hunting.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
C

Caguioa747

Banned
I loved "The Pacific". Imho a great portrayal of the randomness and horror of military operations.
Band of Brothers was told better imo and more engaging, but The Pacific was just fucking insane, especially the last 5 episodes.
I know it's not a movie, but I hope it still counts, since it's an continuos story.

B

bourehim

The Pianist, this may not be considered as a war movie, it's got war in it but the hero is no hero, just a pianist trying to survive the war. Full Metal Jacket is great also, because it does not glorify war.