• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Messi's loss to France

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
The recent loss of Argentina to France at 4-3 brings into fore the impact of Messi's comeback in football. France was playing it as a team as compared to the apparently inorganized and "star"-based play that Argentina was hoping to do but failed. Portugal seems to be suffering from the same fate and it looks like a new breed of football greats in the likes of Mbappe of france is in the offing.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Lousy player selection, especially in midfield and defense and Sampaoli Tactics, is not that good. He benched the best players, and the goalkeeper is also not world class. So even if you have the best player at your side, you need to have at least a good team, this was lacking from Argentina.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cavani made a superb game, and that is why Uruguay beat Portugal. The same with Mbappe and France. Individual talent from Messi and Ronaldo was not enough.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Cavani made a superb game, and that is why Uruguay beat Portugal. The same with Mbappe and France. Individual talent from Messi and Ronaldo was not enough.

I think we are witnessing an end of an era with Messi and Ronaldo, both Ronaldo and Messi looked exhausted in this World Cup. Both carrying the weight of their nations on their shoulders, expected to win world cup tournaments single-handedly. This feat is a lot of pressure for individuals. I won't be surprised if Ronaldo follows suit as like Messi did in international carriers. Other players need to step up to the plate too, and there's no point relying on just one player to do everything.