• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Excessive sit ups can affect the health of the stomach

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In a discussion yesterday with the physician in our family, the topic was losing weight particularly the bulging tummy. Of course, I got interested and although I did not butt in, the talk veered toward ways to trim the tummy. Push up is okay and sit up is also okay. But excessive sit ups can affect your tummy as to stir your gastritis or even acid reflux. That made me respond because when I was doing push ups, no matter how many I do, I just get tired and having breathing difficulty. But with the sit ups, I would burp continually even while still doing the sit ups.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's an interesting question that I never thought about. Push-ups are excellent for the abdominal muscles, but do they hurt our stomach?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have pains when doing sit ups, it's a sign that something isn't going well with the workout drill in your abdominal region. So, In my opinion, it's better to stop such exercises for the time being and allow yourself to recover well before going at it again. If it's possible, I would suggest going to see your doctor and get an x-ray scan to be sure of why you are having the pains from the sit ups drills.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would just say no to sit-ups, because they are really no good for lots of reasons, and they can put to much strain on the muscles and digestive system as well, causing a lot of pain. If you are having pain, this could mean you are having issues including cramps,a strained muscle, or things are wrong with your stomach and intestines. Also doing to many sit-ups can contribute to back pain and create a disc bulge or disc herniation as well.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, pain is the best alert, at the same time, if we don't have pain, is it something that can mess with our inside too?

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I agree that if one experiences pain while doing sit ups or just anything, then they just have to stop. Pain is like a signal that we have in our car's gauages that bleeps or lights when something is wrong and we have to stop and check it out. I never really tried doing a lot of sit ups or push ups but I do make a lot of walking for hours on end. Usually when I feel some aches in my tummy it just disappear gradually and I dont have much problems. Walking is also gentle on our blood pressure.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would just say no to sit-ups, because they are really no good for lots of reasons, and they can put to much strain on the muscles and digestive system as well, causing a lot of pain. If you are having pain, this could mean you are having issues including cramps,a strained muscle, or things are wrong with your stomach and intestines. Also doing to many sit-ups can contribute to back pain and create a disc bulge or disc herniation as well.

I completely agree with you on this, it's a general knowledge that too much of everything or anything is very bad and overdoing sit ups isn't good for one's health. Yes, it's a good way to work on one's belly but it can cause an equal harm as well when it's done. So, it's very important to be careful with how far you take sit ups so as not to have yourself injured in the process.