• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Lucas Matthysse

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
Boxing legend Manny Pacquiao will be slugging it out with a much younger fighter Lucas Matthysse this July 14 at Malaysia. But the fight is actually being organized by Pacquiao's own promotional outfit rather than Top Rank Boxing. There has been some lapses in the preps but it'll finally push through. We just hope that a more aged Pacaquiao can survive the whole ordeal since boxing isn't just about speed and will power but about age level too, in many respects. Just the same, we wish our Filipino boxer the best of luck.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

If Pacman wins, he will prove everybody wrong. If he loses and retires, it won't be so hard to accept because he is prepared already. He will always be known as the only 8 division champ in the history of the sport.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's on.
Manny

Last edited by a moderator:
acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I just hope and pray that Pacquiao wins and he retires for good and avoid some permanent damage to his health in later years just like what happened to Muhammad Ali and the other boxers. Pacquiao has nothing more to prove and I hope this adventures into boxing won't destroy the good reputation he has already gained through the years. The fight is all sett and ready to rumble. May the best of luck be with Manny, but in fairness to both, may the best man win.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

As predicted Pacman wins by a K.O. and I won a $20 bet! Manny Pacquiao was his old self again attacking and not counter punching. You can see that he's more bulky now because he needs to launch some power punches and uppercuts. I like the way he launched his final uppercut that downed Matthysse on the canvass, it was a bomb. Now it's time for a rematch with Horn or maybe another belt.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, we can say that Pacquaio still has some of his old power although from what I saw, Matthysse was stymied by the strong punches in the first round. And from there on, Pacquiao picked on the heart of Matthysse who was a lost fighter in the second round. This is not to take away the luster from the win of Pacquiao but come to think of it, who really is Matthysse and who is the best fighter that he had defeated? Maybe Amir Khan would have made a better showing than Matthysse.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Well, we can say that Pacquaio still has some of his old power although from what I saw, Matthysse was stymied by the strong punches in the first round. And from there on, Pacquiao picked on the heart of Matthysse who was a lost fighter in the second round. This is not to take away the luster from the win of Pacquiao but come to think of it, who really is Matthysse and who is the best fighter that he had defeated? Maybe Amir Khan would have made a better showing than Matthysse.

KHAN fight is a good one for them both. Khan is a big name and a decent guy, does lots of charity, and same as Manny, two good guys making a lot of money and helping the poor. This fight is the one we should see.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
Pardon my take on Pacquiao's latest win over M. But his opponent pales in comparison to the likes of Mexican sluggers Morales or Marquez. I have seen the pre fights of M and was not really impressed. Pacquiao went around him and sparred. The KO itself wasn't as spectacular as the previous bouts. I guess it was pride that was at stake here in this fight. Health wise I don't think Pacman is doing the right thing still slugging it out in his age. I just hope he comes back to his senses and not wait for some serious injury before he finally give up the gloves.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pardon my take on Pacquiao's latest win over M. But his opponent pales in comparison to the likes of Mexican sluggers Morales or Marquez. I have seen the pre fights of M and was not really impressed. Pacquiao went around him and sparred. The KO itself wasn't as spectacular as the previous bouts. I guess it was pride that was at stake here in this fight. Health wise I don't think Pacman is doing the right thing still slugging it out in his age. I just hope he comes back to his senses and not wait for some serious injury before he finally give up the gloves.

Yeah, Pacquiao should consider retiring especially if you will read the angiogram that was done on him a week before the fight. Doctors were wary that there's something wrong with his heart beat. With Matthysse, I also agree that he pales in comparison with other opponents of Paquiao so the knockout was not really that spectacular. I even feel that Matthysse had deliberately pulled his punches and had quit for his own reasons.