• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How many days a week do you lift weights when you hit the gym

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel that now that I have grown older, I like to train a couple of times a week because of overtraining. I think progression is faster this way, than a program that really grinds things out, and my joints seem to love it as well. Your body has 5 days to heal this way and the other two days you can go at the weights like a madman. How many days do you train, lifting weights during the week and why?

Pushtoday

Pushtoday

I train 5 days a week. (when I say train I mean lift weights)
My rest days are usually dictated by my work schedule.
That could mean I train 3 days straight then a day off then 2 more training days followed by another rest day, but its not set in stone.
I was training as much as 6-7 days a week if I could, Only recently have I decided to rest at least two days a week to allow for more rest and growth.
If you can get the desired results only training 2 days a week then I say stick with it.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depending on how good I feel, I would train 5 days at a stretch and rest 2 days, then continue with it the same way in the following week. Although, when I train for 5 days, I usually keep my drills light so as not to strain my muscles too much.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I notice better results when I rest more, when I train off cycle. I've only trained at least 5 to 6 days a week on cycle, so I don't know how it would work for me on cycle. I will be resting more during my next cycle, to see how it works. My strength seems to decrease slightly, when I don't go to the gym as much, but I feel damn good with more rest & my body & energy feel way better too. I think having 3 brutal workouts a week is a good schedule. That's what I'm doing now & I will most likely keep it that way.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I notice better results when I rest more, when I train off cycle. I've only trained at least 5 to 6 days a week on cycle, so I don't know how it would work for me on cycle. I will be resting more during my next cycle, to see how it works. My strength seems to decrease slightly, when I don't go to the gym as much, but I feel damn good with more rest & my body & energy feel way better too. I think having 3 brutal workouts a week is a good schedule. That's what I'm doing now & I will most likely keep it that way.

Exactly. It's better to have a good time out to rest one's body and then have a better workout routine. When you are exhausted, there is no way you can be able to put in a good workout routine. So, having a good rest would certainly help you feel better get a better feeling after your exercise.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me it is only two days a week. This because I pay to get in the gym. The cost is high so I've reduced lifting weights to twice a week.