• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Goodness Of Bacon

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Here are some bacon facts that would surprise you. Did you know that bacon is healthy? Bacon contains thiamine, vitamin B12, Zinc and Selenium, which are all vital vitamins and minerals the body needs.

Bacon has less fat and cholesterol than chicken, pork or beef. it also has the highest Protein to fat content of any meat. Which makes it a great option for people who are into high protein diets.

Surprisingly Bacon contains Omega3 fatty acids, it's benefits are reduced cholesterol and improves heart health.

For more Bacon info...check out the link...

https://www.baconismagic.ca/guest-posts/bacon-is-healthy/

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

And experts say every processed meat is unhealthy. But of course, it is advisable only to eat it in moderation.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And experts say every processed meat is unhealthy. But of course, it is advisable only to eat it in moderation.

I agree that processed meat is not healthy although it is all right to have processed food once in a while. When you eat too much bacon, too often, then you are exposing yourself to too much preservatives. With bacon, I find it nice to eat but I prefer bacon that is crisp to the bite. When it is not crispy then that means the fats and cholesterol are still there.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I agree that processed meat is not healthy although it is all right to have processed food once in a while. When you eat too much bacon, too often, then you are exposing yourself to too much preservatives. With bacon, I find it nice to eat but I prefer bacon that is crisp to the bite. When it is not crispy then that means the fats and cholesterol are still there.

To make sure it is not crispy, then it's better not to eat it as soon as it is cooked. Let it sit in the counter for a while to cool down before you dig in? Does that work?

I

Itsmenermin

Banned
I don't think that it would be a great idea to add bacon for your daily meal because it has a lot of fats.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I usually buy the turkey bacon these days, and I think turkey bacon has around 25 less calories than pork bacon and a little less sodium as well- although turkey bacon has less protein. Turkey bacon does not have much to offer when it comes to vitamins and minerals though. I eat pork bacon as well though, and it does have omega-3 fatty acids that are essential.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
Healthy or not bacon has been around for quite some time and people , like me and many others like to eat it. Of course evrything in moderation. Whenever I see any post related to bacon, my mouth becomes watery and I just feel like I have to buy it the next time I visit the supermarket. Just recently I almost bought one but my wife returned the stuff and I was like a kid deprived of some candy because I had tonsilitis or a bad cough. I yielded to her of course but the war has not ended. I'll come back and buy one next time and cook it crunchy with a sunny side up, some freshly brewed coffee to boot.