• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

No abs for 39-year old MMA fighter

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I sometimes wonder when I see a mixed martial arts fighter with a bulging tummy. My idea of a fighter is one with nice abs. Daniel Cormier who weighs more than 240 pounds and is 39 years old became the heavyweight champion of UFC last Saturday. But come to think of it, he has no abs to speak of in spite of the heavy training for that fight. His opponent, former champion Stipe Miocic has a good abs to show. Is it because of age that Cormier couldn't have abs amid the heavy training?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe he isn't focused on training his abs but building his strength, fitness and tenacity in fights. I have seen Daniel Cormier fight, he is actually good in what he does but squaring up with the former UFC champion Brock will definitely be one hell of a fight for him. I think that they are scheduled to fight in November.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wonder why UFC fighters are averse with Brock Lesnar. When Jon Jones knocked out Daniel Cormier, he hurled a nasty challenge to Brock. And now it's Cormier's turn to dare. And if the fight will materialize within this year, I guess it will be a blockbuster because WWE fans will be tuning in for sure.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wonder why UFC fighters are averse with Brock Lesnar. When Jon Jones knocked out Daniel Cormier, he hurled a nasty challenge to Brock. And now it's Cormier's turn to dare. And if the fight will materialize within this year, I guess it will be a blockbuster because WWE fans will be tuning in for sure.

Brock Lesnar was a bad ass when he was in UFC and a champion at that. He hurt almost all his opponent especially with his arm break submission move. Daniel Cormier is a good fighter but I really doubt if he can bring the fight to Brock and come out victorious. Let's just wait and see how the fight goes and who wins it but my money is on Brock to kick Cormier ass.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This fighter, Daniel Cormier needs to up his cadio some more to get better abs, but he looks to do enough weight training- he could do more jogging and running to bring those abs out. Also this MMA fighter could get on a better diet as well, and burn more calories while doing more cardio. He could cut back on the Popeyes chicken also to bring those abs out, since he loves it so much, but good luck with that one(haha)!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This fighter, Daniel Cormier needs to up his cadio some more to get better abs, but he looks to do enough weight training- he could do more jogging and running to bring those abs out. Also this MMA fighter could get on a better diet as well, and burn more calories while doing more cardio. He could cut back on the Popeyes chicken also to bring those abs out, since he loves it so much, but good luck with that one(haha)!

I believe that Daniel Cormier knows very well what to do in order to develop his abs but I think that he isn't after getting abs but looking at building his fitness, stamina agility and strength in order to compete at top level against any opponent. Remember abs don't win you fights in MMA.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I believe that Daniel Cormier knows very well what to do in order to develop his abs but I think that he isn't after getting abs but looking at building his fitness, stamina agility and strength in order to compete at top level against any opponent. Remember abs don't win you fights in MMA.

This! Abs are not everything. You win fights by outsmarting and out thinking your opponent. It's not a beauty contest.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

This! Abs are not everything. You win fights by outsmarting and out thinking your opponent. It's not a beauty contest.

Exactly! MMA fighting is definitely not a beauty contest. Looking all pretty and sexy isn't going to win you fight, so it's most likely the reason why Daniel Cormier isn't after looking at getting all abs and sexy but being strong, fast and agile.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Exactly! MMA fighting is definitely not a beauty contest. Looking all pretty and sexy isn't going to win you fight, so it's most likely the reason why Daniel Cormier isn't after looking at getting all abs and sexy but being strong, fast and agile.
Exactly! It's not bodybuilding though I would love to see Phil Heath in the ring with Kai Greene!

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Exactly! It's not bodybuilding though I would love to see Phil Heath in the ring with Kai Greene!

Oh, that's a stretch. You see, I will be assuming Phil Heath does not have any background in MMA and his only forte is bodybuilding. It might be possible but it may be disappointing.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Well, I'm sure that it's definitely going to be some fight if we get to see Phil Heath in the ring with Kai Greene in the ring. It's going to be one hell of a fight but we won't know until the fight is arranged.