• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Monkey bar for bigger biceps

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been doing push ups since i was in high school. And although that exercise is mainly for stamina and energy, I still wanted to have a good biceps. I remember a cousin who said that using the monkey bar can increase the bulk of my biceps. However, when I did push up in the morning and the monkey bar in the afternoon, there was something wrong in my feeling as if my arms were abused. That's why I quit the monkey bar and just went on with my regular push ups.

Pushtoday

Pushtoday

I have been doing push ups since i was in high school. And although that exercise is mainly for stamina and energy, I still wanted to have a good biceps. I remember a cousin who said that using the monkey bar can increase the bulk of my biceps. However, when I did push up in the morning and the monkey bar in the afternoon, there was something wrong in my feeling as if my arms were abused. That's why I quit the monkey bar and just went on with my regular push ups.

How are/were you using the monkey bars?

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Working out on a monkey bar may be one way to get bigger biceps, but it may not be your cup of tea for some reason. You could try other bicep exercises like some barbell curls and incline dumbell curls, some concentration curls, or maybe some alternate dumbell curls as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe your body/arms wasn't ready for that kind of arm drill on monkey bars. It's better than you stick to the ones that you are used to possibly the push up, if you need to add more drills for biceps, then I would suggest getting dumbbells and train with it.

Good luck.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

For biceps, I would still suggest biceps curls as it is still the best workout for it. I used dumbbells before, and I do this exercise for 15 reps once a day before going out. It did make a difference to my biceps. However, this may be different for everyone. I'm just sharing what worked out for me. Peace!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, all I can say is that your body - arms specifically are already used to only taking press up drills and not monkey bars. So, it's normal to say that the drills were too much for you to bear.

Maybe you should do only either press up or money bars in a day and not combine the two of them. Have you considered that?

jolter604

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
Sponsor
I like to start out biceps with 21'z

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Working out on a monkey bar may be one way to get bigger biceps, but it may not be your cup of tea for some reason. You could try other bicep exercises like some barbell curls and incline dumbell curls, some concentration curls, or maybe some alternate dumbell curls as well.

Dumbells are the best tool to use for getting one's biceps to be bigger. I also make use of press up to get my biceps up and big. I try as much as possible to do at least a minimum of 50 press up in a day.