Register

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

What's wrong with Rice?

Rice is the staple food of more than a billion people in Asia but along with its health benefits are health risks such as it could promote type 2 diabetes and because of it being high in carbohydrates, it may cause overeating and with white rice can even cause obesity.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: What's wrong with Rice?

I have been eating a lot of parboiled rice lately, because it is healthy and more nutritionally beneficial compared to white rice, and more digestable than brown rice also. I think white rice is not that bad for you as well, because Asian countries with high consumption of white rice still had a lower incidence of diabetes. Some even say the more rice you eat, the diabetes incidence even goes down, so go figure.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Rice is the nemesis of overweight people that's why they don't eat rice in order to lose weight. But for me, I think eating rice is good for the although only in moderation. When I was younger, my rice was always 1 cup or more depending on the dish. But now that I am a senior, half cup of rice is my quota for every meal. That is just to control my weight.

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Rice is carbohydrates and when broken down will become sugar thus when we eat too much rice, like the unli-rice thing, then we convert more sugar than our body can possibly use. Especially nowadays when little intellectual things are being done like reading a book or writing things that actually consumes sugar. So what happens is our sugar levels get stuck up and rises to diabetic proportions.

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I really love rice and I didn't know it can cause all those health problems.Here in our country we eat rice almost in a daily basis .I can try reducing the amount of rice I take but I can't stop taking rice.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I love white rice but due to the hazards it causes, we switch it up with brown rice once in a while. I still love it white. I make sure I add nutrients to it. I normally like it fried in yellow corn or french beans and carrots. These nutrients are very important to the human body, It also enhances the taste of the rice and it becomes so delicious. We also fry it in eggs occasionally. You shouldn't be limited to that mindset. Try switching it up a little bit. Am sure you will love the taste of it and it is never that serious if you stay fit and hydrated

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

collapse Posting Permissions