• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Food that you ate today

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
Hey guys, I thought it would be good to post this kind of forum topic about food. I mean we all have our days loaded with all the food stuffs we have and it's good if we can do some sharing about some of our food intake, healthy food or otherwise, and probably learn from our eating experience.

Reactions: Athanas
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today I had some baked chicken that was flavored with oregano- along with some red potatoes topped with a bit of sour cream and butter. Also I had some very ripe and sweet plantains with some whole grain bread, and for dessert I had some no sugar- butter pecan ice cream as well. The sweet plantains really added a tropical taste to this meal and I had some Iced tea with some lime to drink.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
This Sunday morning I had adobong pusit and daing plus mangoes. Of course I have my super coffee cum VCO, moringga, and turmeric. Breakfat has always been a special meal for me because its the first meal of the day and can be used for all the activities I'd be doing during the day. I always go for what my mom would always tell me that we eat to live and not vice versa. I mean we don't put petrol into our car if we don't use our car. Same thing with our body, we eat so we can move, and think, and write, and sing, and whatever. Just do it as the NBA slogan says.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
For breakfast I ate only sauted vegetables with rice, and that's it. I really don't know why but the lesser I eat the better I feel especially if its the veggies and the fruits that I've taken. But by lunch, I ate corned beef with boiled potatoes and its good tasting too. But just the same, just enough for me to feel full, no overeating , practice moderation.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
For breakfast I ate ground beef sauted in veggies, potatoes, bell pepper, and string beans. By lunch I had an Ilokano food concocxtion called pakbet which is basically all veggies and a healthy food. I plan to bake some pizzas tonight with the family and put some young oysters as toppings for a change plus cheese, onions, and the other usual pizza toppings.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
For breakfast it was a hearty meal at a fastfood: sweet and sour pork. with coffee and that's it. For lunch, ground meat sauted in veggies. I don't think I ate healthy today. Anyway, that is the advantage of taking in lots of veggies previous to eating eating fastfood stuffs, which is delicious but mostly processed. And we all know what kind of food processed foods are.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I just had my dinner, it's rice and ground beef cooked chili style without beans but with tomatoes, onions, green peas, bell pepper and bacon. Dessert was an frozen avocado with sweet condensed milk and bananas.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I had "sopas" for today. It is a dish comprised of pasta, cabbage, carrots, hotdog, evaporated milk, and chicken strips boiled together to create a warm soup. I also ate it alongside rice. Then topped it all off with a cold soda beverage. Perfect for today's cold and rainy weather.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I had "sopas" for today. It is a dish comprised of pasta, cabbage, carrots, hotdog, evaporated milk, and chicken strips boiled together to create a warm soup. I also ate it alongside rice. Then topped it all off with a cold soda beverage. Perfect for today's cold and rainy weather.
Wow I would like to try that kind of cold weather menu for a change. For us here in the Philippines, it's the same food cold or hot weather. Although when I was a kid we used to have hot champorado with milk too and smoked or dried fish to go with it. Sometimes I am reluctant to buy those instant soup because of their heavy sodium content which I still have to dilute with hot water. The sopas that you're telling us is really the real one I think.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Wow I would like to try that kind of cold weather menu for a change. For us here in the Philippines, it's the same food cold or hot weather. Although when I was a kid we used to have hot champorado with milk too and smoked or dried fish to go with it. Sometimes I am reluctant to buy those instant soup because of their heavy sodium content which I still have to dilute with hot water. The sopas that you're telling us is really the real one I think.

That's a famous and perfect combination, CHAMPORADO and TUYO. Regarding the instant soup you mentioned, I believe you are referring to instant noodles available at supermarkets and sari-sari stores, right? I guess the appropriate way to use the seasoning packs is based on the volume of water that you use. One packet for 500 ml of water is a good ratio, I think.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
Yes that's right. It's "tuyo" but It has been decades since I've heard of that name "tuyo" since I now stay in Mindanao. For the visayans tuyo is bulad and their bulad comes in different sizes, all called bulad. The tuyo, daing, and tinapa in luzon are all bulad in the visayan language. And tinapa for them is canned goods. Well they are all the same but it gets you into funny situations when you're still new in the place, like if you buy tinapa and its canned goods. Nice sharing though.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Last night I had baked spicy spaghetti with lots of red and green bell peppers, chillies, cheese and Corned Beef topping along with toasted buttered bread. It's almost breakfast now and I'm preparing grilled cheese sandwiches with a lot of butter, mayo, cheese filling along with coffee.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I had grilled barbecue chicken with rice and a strawberry shake for my drinks. I just discovered this new resto near the school and there are only a few people eating at any one time you come in between the usual dinner times of 12pm and 7pm. The chicken is probably cooked in charcoal because the skin is toasted along with the insides. Foodies are goodies but just be moderate and everything will just go fine.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I ate takuyaki today, a Japanese sounding name of a food being sold in many supermarkets today. I like the ingredients of this balls because they only have veggies in there plus some delectable Japanese sauce. It's light on the tummy too. I usually pair it with rice and make it a viand.

- - - Updated - - -

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I ate a local menu today for breakfast called danggit with egg and fried rice. Just have a spicy vinegar and coffee and you'll enjoy this delectable local dish. In posh hotels they call this continental breakfast but too pricey. In small restos however you can eat these good breakfast meals at a kittke a hundred pesos only with coffee. I'm not sure though if this meal is healthy or not but at least it's light on the tummy.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I ate a stange mixture of fastfood burgers and local fruits plus ginataan or binignit in the visayan. I don't feel anything yet on my tummy and it has been hours after I ate those things for lunch and early dinner. I have been watching my diet for a week now and feeding only on baked potatoes and cereals. But I do these things not for the diet thing. Instead I eat the right food so I can be able to eat the "unhealthy" ones like lechon and bacon. All foodies are good if taken in moderation.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I ate lumpiang shanghai for breakfast with coffee and for lunch takuyaki balls. Nothing dangerous with today's menu and light on the tummy too. During weekdays I see to it that I take the healthy food so that during weekends I can pig it out with any food that I wish to devour, in moderation.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I had a hearty breakfast this morning. I ate pakbet an Ilokano veggie recipe, with bangus, rice and coffee. I don't over eat my rice these days and it's always one cup for me every meal. I like to have beef steak for lunch which i have been eating for the last three days. For dinner I just take one half cup of rice plus a sauce of some viand and that's it.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
This morning I ate a heart home-made continental breakfast: half fried daing na bangus, fried rice with turmeric, sunny side up, and tea. I usually drink coffee but I bought an excellent herbal tea with hibiscus and raspberry that really tastes so good with honey. It's mangosteen season and lanzones so these are my fruits. Thank God for the good food on the table, always.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I'm wondering why this post doesn't get any comments but many views. I mean it's as simple as virtually sharing the food you ate today and that's it. Anyways, this morning just had a sandwich made by my wifey and some noodles sa snacks. I wasn't able to eat a full breakfast because of my hectic schedule.