• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What to Avoid to Lose Weight

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

When I go or pass by the gym, I see that 70% of people running on treadmills are overweight. They think that if they do it for 30 minutes every day, someday in the distant future they will be slim.

I’ve been going to the same gym for several years now from time to time. And I still see the same faces and the same bellies. These people are still running.

Having said that, what do you think are the things or foods to avoid if you plan to lose weight? Comments, suggestions, violent reactions are all welcome. Thanks!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember my father telling my mother when asked what to avoid in order to lose weight. My father curtly replied - food. It's funny, all right, but it is a practical answer. That means to me, you have to avoid food and for sure you will lose weight. Stop the snacking, stop the heavy meals and be content with simple small meals to appease the hunger. But for a particular food to avoid, I'd say rice is the most damaging to the weight. Don't eat rice and you are on to the road to successful weight loss.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some foods to avoid when losing weight include french fries and potato chips, but go ahead and eat some whole boiled potatoes because they are very healthy. I would avoid sugary drinks like soda, also white bread because it's high on the glycemic index and can spike your blood sugar levels this way. Pasteries, cakes, and cookies have to much sugar and refined flour, but drinking small amounts of wine seem quite fine.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lose weight is all about keeping our mouth shut lol, the more we eat, the more weight we gain...

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Avoid eating a lot. When trying to lose weight you need to lessen your food intake. You can easily do that by reducing the number of meals and snacks you normally take. Also substitute sugar and sweets for fruits.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Avoid eating a lot. When trying to lose weight you need to lessen your food intake. You can easily do that by reducing the number of meals and snacks you normally take. Also substitute sugar and sweets for fruits.

Great advice. The only way to utterly reduce your weight is to avoid excessive intake of food. With the right amount of diet and proper exercise, an individual can lose a lot of pounds in no time.