• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What Diet Works Best for a Person who has Diabetes

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

My mother has been diagnosed with Diabetes. She practices a high fat, low carbohydrate diet recommended to her by a friend. She said that doing such may reverse its effect. She also checks out his blood sugar levels right here at home, and we have a device for that. She even does not drink soda anymore, and she misses it sometimes.

What other foods or supplements (except insulin) is advisable for someone who has Diabetes? Specifically, Type-1?

maj79

maj79

Good question. I’d like to know some of the options too

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have diabetes, you should focus on eating lean protein, high fiber, less processed carbs, fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy, also healthy vegetable base fats like avocado, nuts, canola oil, or some olive oil. I would stay away from white rice or white pasta, fruits with added sweeteners including apple sauce and jam. Stay away from the fried foods as well, and full fat dairy. Any excess weight can make it hard to control your blood sugar levels.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

If you have diabetes, you should focus on eating lean protein, high fiber, less processed carbs, fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy, also healthy vegetable base fats like avocado, nuts, canola oil, or some olive oil. I would stay away from white rice or white pasta, fruits with added sweeteners including apple sauce and jam. Stay away from the fried foods as well, and full fat dairy. Any excess weight can make it hard to control your blood sugar levels.

True. My mother only eats a cup of rice or less per meal and then says she still wants to eat more but she can't. She eats fruits on the side so that she might feel full. Good thing she can maintain her weight and does not get thin by doing so.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no rice is better if u have that.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Based on the diet of diabetics in our family, it is the avoidance of sugary food, lesser amount of food, more leafy vegetables. No soda, of course, and even fruit juice is controlled like once a day for half a glass only. It's sad to hear that a diabetic seems to be punished by deprivation of food. They say that the prohibited foods are those that are delicious. Coupled with regular exercise, a diabetic can control the symptoms of the disease and probably evade worse conditions like renal failure or gangrene.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Avoid processed sweets and processed foods and eat only the food recommended by your physician the secret is to enjoy these food by preparing and cooking it deliciously.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Avoid processed sweets and processed foods and eat only the food recommended by your physician the secret is to enjoy these food by preparing and cooking it deliciously.

I agree with the fact that you should trust the foods recommended by your physician, but you should also do some research on your end. Our bodies are different from one another, no person is the same. The only person who knows what's best for you is only you and I won't depend solely on a doctor to provide me with the best advice.