• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Stress during Prep.

Pushtoday

Pushtoday

Obviously prep is an extremely demanding time on your body and mind both. That being said every competitor has to deal with juggling diet, training, and life. A good female friend of mine is a competitor on the nationally qualified level. She is 3 weeks out and 7 weeks out from the shows she plans on doing.
However she and her partner are having troubles (not prep related) and she is so stressed out she's concerned its having a negative effect on her progress. In discussing this with her she mentioned cortisol release related to stress.
I decided to do some research and of course found all the answers on the internet.
That being said....I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has had any experience dealing with high stress during contest prep and how they were able to deal with it leading into a show.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Of course stress can be something physical, but if we have a good plan the main stress factor should be in our head, so that's what we need to manage too.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The pressures of everyday modern life can be bad for you, and things like jobs, relationships, money,and raising children can contribute - many of us do operate on ever-present feelings of pressure, anxiety, or burnout as well. This prolonged stress can contribute to many physical and psychological ills as well.